Urahara

Films

Also I love how we're still referring to it as the 'live action Lion King' when there's absolutely nothing live action about it at all.

It's just pure unbridled nostalgia really @Jimbo Xiii the Mega Drive game was a part of that too, that was the mutts nuts.

Aladdin, Lion King, Mulan, Beauty and the Beast etc. were all pretty much the biggest Disney films as part of the renaissance period when I was growing up. I've got all the songs from them and associated fond childhood memories ingrained in my mind. I'm going to cry like a baby when I hear 'Whole new world' 😢

Aladdin can’t look amazing to anyone because there’s not been enough of it shown. Neither can it look like the worst thing ever. Because there hasn’t been enough of it shown. 

Toy Story 4 looks. Idk. Because they’ve barely shown anything. 

Announce. Trailer. Release.

Stop pissing about. 

Just watched Anna and the Apocalypse.  Pretty good.  It's pitched as High School Musical meets Sean of the Dead and while broadly it is that it gets wackier and darker than you'd think. Quite funny and a few of the songs are gonna be stuck in my head for weeks. 

I just watched Jurassic World Falllen Kingdom and they somehow out dumbed themselves. From the mansion onwards it’s especially stupid and not at all exhilarating or exciting. You know who and who won’t be in danger of dying. Boring situations. 

1 hour ago, wiivo 2.0 said:

I just watched Jurassic World Falllen Kingdom and they somehow out dumbed themselves. From the mansion onwards it’s especially stupid and not at all exhilarating or exciting. You know who and who won’t be in danger of dying. Boring situations. 

The best (worst) bit was when the velociraptor sniffs the air, somehow understands that there is a flammable gas leak, then runs and jumps through a window to escape before it explodes.

Jurassic World was nonsense as well. Making dinosaurs weapons by turning them invisible and letting them hide their heat signatures. Why would anyone do that?  We live in a world where drones exist, the whole dino's as weapons premise is fucking bullshit because of that.

Also why would anyone go to a dino park to see a dino when the dino can make itself invisible? Fucking what? Who pitched this rubbish and more importantly who accepted it?

Whole film's a heap 'o shite.

Yep, it's a sack of turds. The weirdest bit is the auction, and they're excited about selling them for a million quid.

The weirdest part was when @Blakey said he loved it because he’s a big fan of the original and that they’re taking the films in a great direction. 

The franchise is now snakes on a plane but without the international humour.

The whole Blue thing is such fucking nonesense. Chris Pratt is a homophobic twat. 

I loved Jurassic World and Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom.

I think I almost cried - not difficult these days - at the T-Rex scene towards the end of JW1.

I sometimes feel like there's competing filmy parts of my brain, the snobby part that peruses over ever second of film before me for a serious academy-nominated film and then there's the comic/nostalgic/big kid part that's just like FUCKING DINOSAURS MAN THAT JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE WOOOOOOOOOOOO.

The shameful thing is I really liked Chris Pratt in Parks and Rec and was excited to see him get a break. I didn't realise he was going to be playing the same character in everything. The genie is out of the bottle there, we've another decade or more with him playing the same character in every frigging film he's cast in.

It's got a T-Rex in it, it is therefore elevated to the status of awesome... The only way it could be better is if the T-Rex had fucking laser beams... You lot know fuck all.👍❤️

I liked (and most likely still like) JW, it was fun and seemed like a logical continuation of the franchise. It was better than the other Park sequels. 

I thought the very ending of Fallen Kingdom makes sense for continuing the films. There is only so many times they can keep reopening a theme park and it goes to shit, but it was easily one of the worst films of that year.

T-Rex's are cool, it's a shame they keep having to invent things bigger than it to out do it.

Also, yes, Chris Pratt is just varying degrees of Andy in everything he's in and his personal opinions have soured that as well which is a shame.

I don't know much about Chris Pratt but he was on Colbert the other day and he's fully religious. He's been doing some biblical diet, it was a weird interview, bit creepy 

I dunno how they find themselves in these churches.  It's a controversial one since it supports conversion therapy but I dunno if Pratt himself is homophobic but he seemingly doesn't care enough to distance himself from it.  I mean there are plenty of ways to practise your faith without those kinds of places.