Urahara

Films

Watching the Giant Bomb stream and they mentioned articles on the new Serenity (not related to Firefly) film and it's described as being "gobsmackingly awful" with apparently a ridiculous twist that is making everyone want to see it just to see how it pans out.

I watched A Quite Place last night, I'd never read the synopsis before actually starting the film and didn't realize it was some sort of apocalyptic setting. Enjoyable enough although I can't believe someone wouldn't have come up with the piss easy way they were beaten before then.

On 24/01/2019 at 19:46, wiivo 2.0 said:

Omfg

looks like it might have been for a fucking beer advert 🖕

It's Stella Artois.

I’ve got Ghostbusters II on. I’ve always remembered it as “alright” and I suppose it is but a third of the way through and it’s just about alright, nowhere near as good as the first one.

I think you've linked that ☝ in the Quantic Dream thread @wiivo 2.0

There is a brief moment in that trailer (or maybe one of the earlier ones) where I'm sure they show Gamera too? Trying to balance Five Tohu Monsters might push the film's cohesion a little. Can't wait to see King Ghidorah kick Godzilla's ass though 😁

My kid has asked me to watch Moana with him on Sunday, twice on Monday and this morning. I honestly have no complaints regarding this. It's one of the best Disney films I've seen.

I really like the modern stuff they're doing, where it's Pixar-style CG animation but with Disney personality. I loved Tangled when I saw that and wasn't big on Frozen (although it didn't offend me like it did some people), but this is genuinely fantastic.

Moana is a great film. The shiny song is stuck in my head the majority of the time.

Moana's great. Really good songs. Jemaine Clement's a particular highlight. 

We call our loot shinies when we're playing a looter. So this is often used 😅

tenor (2).gif

Just watched Alita: Battle Angel.

Absolutely loved it. Visuals and action are superb with some

fantastic set pieces, and there’s a surprising amount of heart in there too. 

I havent read read the original Manga so I can’t compare, but it blows the 1993 OVA out the water. The blood and nudity is gone, but the violence is there in spades. Had a great time and can’t wait to see it again.

Just watched Overlord, or Wolfenstein 2d. It's not bad, the sort of thing critics would hate but audiences like. Considering its Nazi zombies its a little boring, not shit just not quite as full on as it could have been, but then it did come out after the Wolfenstein games so I guess it will feel a little tame 

Kind of odd how they have a lead but then they also have a another one. Like there's the black lead, then there's the white lead and it's 2 films smashed together