Urahara

Films

Wow nice to Hirokazu Kore-Eda get nominated for Best Foreign Language film for Shoplifters, I don’t know if he has been nominated (or even won) before but all of his films are great, including Shoplifters.

And also nice to see Mirai of the Future get nominated for best animated film, it’s a lovely film.

On the fence with this one, much like Captain Marvel (bonus points for appreciating the irony)

Not for me that one, I'll watch it but it's got Now TV written all over it.

I only saw The Big Lebowski for the first time last week, or the week before.

6 minutes ago, Hendo said:

I only saw The Big Lebowski for the first time last week, or the week before.

it's the most Hendo film of all time, how have you never seen it?

40 minutes ago, DANGERMAN said:

it's the most Hendo film of all time, how have you never seen it?

I dunno, just never got round to it.

It was alright? I’m sure if I had seen it at the time I would be quoting it all the time like everyone else, but I’ve known so many people quote it and swear by it, it’s not quite lived up to expectations.

I've seen it, at least I think I've seen it... Couldn't tell you anything about the film though because I was either drunk at the time or just didn't care.🤔

Watched Mary Queen of Scots & thoroughly enjoyed it, great acting & set pieces which i story I wasn't too familiar with but found interesting.  Always a good sign when a 2 hour film doesn't feel that long.  All in all well worth a watch & a good debut for director Josie Rourke.

Also re-watched LOTR: The Fellowship of the Ring, had completely forgot how wonderful this film is.  The story telling, world building & pacing for me is just perfect & it's pretty much everything I wanted from LOTR.  The opening 30 mins (especially in the extended version) are just magical & have me investing in hobbits & world instantly.  For me it is the best of the trilogy & I never grow tired of watching it.  Watching it again makes me wonder how they made such a bad job of The Hobbit movies with Peter Jackson still at the helm.  They seemed to forget everything that made the originals work so well to stretch the story & world & make it a CGI mess.

Don't Breathe (2016)

This was fun! A (kind of) horror wherein it is quite morally ambiguous from the start. There are no real "good guys" in this film, which is an interesting avenue to explore. Some of the set pieces are quite well shot, the premise is relatively unique and there are some deliciously gory moments, that do entertain. 7/10

John Wick Chapter 2 is fucking awesome.... think I preferred it over the first. 

Watching the Giant Bomb stream and they mentioned articles on the new Serenity (not related to Firefly) film and it's described as being "gobsmackingly awful" with apparently a ridiculous twist that is making everyone want to see it just to see how it pans out.

I watched A Quite Place last night, I'd never read the synopsis before actually starting the film and didn't realize it was some sort of apocalyptic setting. Enjoyable enough although I can't believe someone wouldn't have come up with the piss easy way they were beaten before then.