Urahara

Films

I've already found John Wick 2 on Now TV...👍

56 minutes ago, Nag said:

I've already found John Wick 2 on Now TV...👍

I think where the first one did an excellent job at hinting towards this complex underworld with all its own rules and lore, the second one didn't do as good a job on expanding on that. Good to see Neo and Morpheus back together though.

11 hours ago, Nag said:

Yeah, very impressed by that... how many headshots were in that film?😊

John Wick doesn’t need a gun. All he needs is a fucking pencil.

Watched Bumblebee last night. It was ok. The Cybertron bits were the highlight. 

I also watched Stan and Ollie. I thought Reilly and Coogan were brilliant. Really good film, if a little sad. A must for a fan of the duo. 

I’m trying to get my family to watch split this week without saying why with the plan on watching Glass with them for my birthday. 

Samurai Cop.. A film that needs to be seen to be believed 😂

I’ve never seen Samurai Cop, seen all the famous clips though so I kind of have seen it.

I’m currently most of the way through the Fyre festival documentary on Netflix. Boy, that’s a piece of work.

Another film in a similar vein I would recommend is "No Retreat, No surrender"...

I say it every time, but I don't buy that the handful of best films also had the best direction and best performances. Award shows need a proper rethink 

Those are strange nominations. Green Book in particular is the most overdone cliche film about "white racist guy but oh he learns to stop being racist" I've seen in a long time.

I haven't seen star is born tho

Toni Collette should have got a nom for Hereditary but I don't know if horror or genre film in general gets the attention of the academy. But what am I saying, they put an MCU film on there.

1 minute ago, one-armed dwarf said:

Toni Collette should have got a nom for Hereditary but I don't know if horror gets the attention of the academy. But what am I saying, they put an MCU film on there.

Didn't Leanardo Dicaprio win something for a worse film or two he'd already been in? Could be that kinda thing. 

A couple of MCU films have had great character performances. Captain America: Cival War for sure but they passed that by. 

It's soap opera stuff but so is a lot that gets nominated with no fuss. 

But it's all moot because Annihilation isn't nominated, which was the best film. 

1 hour ago, Craymen Edge said:

If, like me, you can't be arsed to watch 8 videos just to find out:

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/oscar-nominations-2019-list-1203112405/

What if I can't be arsed to click either?

I might try and watch all the best pictures noms this year, maybe best animation and doc as well.

7 minutes ago, Jimbo Xiii said:

What if I can't be arsed to click either?

I'd list it for you, but I only read half the article.