Urahara

Films

Vnnmmm (go get em) Vnnmmm.

Not officially part of the MCU so it belongs here. I liked it, it was big and silly and funny. Tom Hardy was brilliant, everybody else was a bit meh but it was so much better than i thought it would be.

I watched Teen Titans Go! To the Movies last night and it was great. DC can make good movies. 🤣

1 hour ago, Duck said:

I watched Teen Titans Go! To the Movies last night and it was great. DC can make good movies. 🤣

Oh god it’s so odd seeing that sword guy voiced by Bojack Horseman. 

Venom is pretty shit. Not Catwoman levels of bad, but pretty fucking terrible all the same. Feels like it's an hour too long too.

Forget all this it's so bad it's good stuff people have been throwing about. It's dull uninspiring shite.

Nah, Venom's alright, not brilliant though. I just thought it was a 'take your brain out and enjoy' sort of affair'  with Tom Hardy forcing it to be more than just watchable. The villain is absolute dog shit though.

I saw Sorry to Bother You last night.  I think it's good, but you know when I film preached to the choir so much (me being in the choir) you don't really feel it?  I think that's what happened here.  I liked that it was a lot weirder than I expected, though.

I also watch Apostle.  A Netflix Original that is good!  It's strange it's come out in such a similar time as Mandy as there are a lot of similarities thematically.  While it isn't as visually striking and mad I think I may have liked it a little more.

I was a little disappointed with apostle. They really kept shouting from the rooftops about it being from the director of Raid and the trailer was so action-y. I still enjoyed it but it wasn’t the film I’d been sold on. 

I haven't seen anything going in.  Only that it was directed by Gareth Evans so I was actually pleasantly surprised it wasn't so action-y.  Shows he has some range. 

I would struggle to characterise it to be honest.  I guess it's a horror film but I wouldn't go into it with that mindset either.  I do thing Period Mandy is the closest thing.