passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Demo Thread

DANGERMAN

This thursday is the day to mark in all calanders as its the release of both the Pro Evo 9 and FIFA 09 Demos, now to finally judge which version is the better. (im probably leaning towards Pro Evo, its meant to be much improved)

i can hardly wait..

On the download front. I've been downloading loads of demos at the moment, i've noticed since we've had this 20 meg virgin boradband put in, the downloads are lightning fast (compared to my old internet). The other night i downloaded force unleashed, SC4, and quake wars and the whole lot took about 15-20 mins, normally that would have taken hours. God bless high speed broadband and a proper wired connection :)

i can hardly wait..

On the download front. I've been downloading loads of demos at the moment, i've noticed since we've had this 20 meg virgin boradband put in, the downloads are lightning fast (compared to my old internet). The other night i downloaded force unleashed, SC4, and quake wars and the whole lot took about 15-20 mins, normally that would have taken hours. God bless high speed broadband and a proper wired connection :)

Let me know how that operation to surgically remove Richard Branson's cock from your ass turns out.

So that I know when its my turn.

• 2 weeks later...

Fracture and mercenaries 2 demo is now out!

Was playing the fracture demo yday and i have to say its not bad, The best feature has to be able to lower and highten the floor, u have to like under places, or raise the floor to shield ur ally or get to the roof, i can see this game quite frantic on multiplayer, single player was ok, story seemed quite weak to me, and i thought the game would be better with lock-on, but thats me, i think this game is worth a go tho, just for something different.

• 2 weeks later...

I downloaded the ps3 demo of Bioshock before, it's fucking huge, nearly 2 gig! It plays pretty much the same as the 360 game, well exactly the same so far if I'm honest. I can't decide whether I've been accidentally ducking more or less that with the 360, but it's still annoying. It could just be my imagination, but it seems to look slightly better now, maybe there's some more steam and smoke around too.

Dont quote me on that, but it does look slightly different to me

Beforehand it was cropped a hell of a lot, the patch made a huge difference.

Today's BioShock update includes a new true widescreen mode, rather than the previous cropped 4:3 mode that shipped with the game. From the pause menu players now have the option to set the Horizontal FOV to 'on' or 'off'.

The default is 'off' and this is the new 'true' widescreen mode, offering players vastly increased visual information on screen. If you want to play BioShock how it was originally made then you can set the Horizontal FOV option to 'on'.

You can see the difference it made, here.

Valve chief Doug Lombardi, when speaking to IGN, stated that we'll be seeing the Left 4 Dead demo in early November.

The demo is set to take place "from the front of the Survivor's first campaign (including the opening movie)" and will give players a sample of the action as they move from inside the hospital all the way to the roof for extraction.

Whilst no specific date has been confirmed as of yet, early November should hopefully be before launch, but you never know these days. Let's just hope it beats Gears out the blocks.

Now this is a game i want to try, think parts will be jumpy

• 2 weeks later...

just tried borthers in arms and it seems rather sluggish and too cinematic.

I hated the controls on it as well, so i changed it to one called "Tour of Duty" <_<

Which is the one where were all fimilar to it, but its utter pants, i just changed my gun to an full automatic and just ran guns ablaze.

Also tried Endwar, it looks really good, and its nice to have a decent modern RTS nowdays.

But im not an RTS fan rly, and have no idea why i downloaded it.

• 2 weeks later...