passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Demo Thread

DANGERMAN

Castlevania is very God of War. I'm not sure they've got the blocking and dodging right, maybe with time it gets better, but I like to be able to cancel out of attacks in these sorts of games, otherwise being surrounded becomes a massive ball ache. And I didnt really get the timing on the horse riding part. Oh and Patrick Stewart sounds too much like he's reading, maybe needs some background music on his narration

Aside from that though it looks great, runs nice and smooth. Still looking forward to it

Castlevania and Enslaved have both had very poor demos I think. I can't say that the Castlevania demo has made me think wow I need to get this, it was too short to get a proper grasp. I have it preordered cheap, but I may cancel it and pick it up when it hits the £17.99 mark. Not sure, I have a week to decide. It's not like I'm going to be short of stuff to play.

I can't say that the Castlevania demo has made me think wow I need to get this, it was too short to get a proper grasp. I have it preordered cheap, but I may cancel it and pick it up when it hits the £17.99 mark. Not sure, I have a week to decide. It's not like I'm going to be short of stuff to play.

Same here - demo was crap. Might pick it up cheap later on.

Plus the guys head looks too small for his body.

it was always a god of war clone tbf to it. And its had 8s from edge, games and eurogamer so i wouldnt panic too much, even if the Dantes Inferno demo was better.

It is kind of endearing that you guys arent manly enough for vania. I bet you didnt even get to the Dracula fight where he asked "What is a man... oh sorry Ben, didnt realise it was you. Heres me asking what a man is and the ultimate man is stood right in front of me. btw please dont whip my face off again"

"And who's that behind you? Oh, its the dizzog, im really fucked now. I can see me getting raped after this."

Demo's are poor most of the time, my first LoS experience will be the actual game whilst im on fire. I hope it turns out to be excellent and you girls never experience it.

Star Wars: Force Unleashed II Demo Hits XBL Next Week

Written Tuesday, October 05, 2010 By Richard Walker

We don't need a Jedi mind trick performing upon our weak and impressionable mind to convince us to download the Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II next week. We're dying to get our hands on some dual lightsaber wielding, force manipulating action as Starkiller returns to wreak havoc once more.

Taking place at the beginning of the game in a secret cloning facility on Kamino - as seen in Attack of the Clones - the demo picks up with Starkiller discovering he's nothing more than a clone and subsequently embarking upon a journey to discover the truth behind his hazy past.

Expect to try out Starkiller's formidable force powers and new Jedi mind trick skills in the Force Unleashed II demo, which is due to strike back at the Xbox Live Marketplace on October 12th, ahead of the game's release at the end of the month. May the demo be with you and so on.

• 3 weeks later...
Starting tomorrow, you'll be able to check under the hood (bonnet, in the Queen's parlance) of Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit as its November launch date fast approaches. You'll also get early access to Hot Pursuit's Autolog as a demo is racing onto the Xbox Live Marketplace, which enables you to sample the game's social networking aspect.

From October 26th (tomorrow), for a limited time you can sample Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit and compete with your friends using the Autolog, which records yours and your buddy's best race times and then challenges you to try and beat them.

You'll be able to play alone against the AI or invite a friend to race, and subsequently unlock a second track to try out in the demo. So, download the demo tomorrow and get posting those record-breaking times before your friends get the chance. Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit is slated for release on November 16th.

Majin is pretty good, at least I think it is. The demo is brief but it reminds me of BG&E, the stealth sections are ripped right out of that, and it has a Zelda vibe going, it even has a similar jingle when you unlock a door.

It's a cute little game, the only thing I don't like is they've overplayed Majin stupidness a bit, something more along the lines of Totoro would have been really cool. I hope to pick it up, not on release but before The Last Guardian, as I suspect that would make it look a bit shit.

• 2 weeks later...