passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Monkeyball DS

DANGERMAN

I'm pretty sure a few of you have got this, I was put off after reading a few average reviews, but I've been pleasently suprised by it. The controls are a bit too sensitive, and some of the stages are a lot better using the dpad, but in all it's not a pad port.

The best thing I've played on it has to be the Table Hockey, undoubtedly deserving of a game all of its own. I've a horrible feeling they've ruined Monkey Bowling, but I'll give it a few more goes

*puts hand up*

I have this and thought it was really good, though I think the reviews I've read are spot on, it's above average but not as good as the first 2 on the Cube.

Too right about the controls too, Ben - later levels are d-pad only unless you want to lose extremely quickly.

Couldn't comment on all the mini-games cos I only had a chance to play the single card download play (which only lets you play 3 of the 6 games - boo!).

You can play table hocky against the computer, and even then it's brilliant. It's kind of got absolutely nothing to do with monkeys being in balls, but it's got to be my favourite part of the game so far. There's 2 modes to it, the first lets you draw your own paddle, which gets destroyed if it's hit too hard, the second mode is more traditional but with bonuses like extra balls or wider goals.