passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

Swallow

Downloaded and there's 2 things I like about it. Firstly that it's a channel on your menu and secondly that there's more content to come. It'd be nice to see some techniques or advice for sections for those that want it, just to give a reason to watch it over youtube or whatever

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eurogamer's review

For those too lazy to click, it gets a 9 and a money-shot like this...

Immersive, engaging and with the kind of gameplay depth that so many shooters lack, Metroid Prime 3 might not represent a huge progression as far as the series goes, but that doesn't stop it from being one of the best games I've played all year - and certainly one of best yet on the Wii.

And a brilliant comment from one of the readers (or possibly one of the staff), "What a bloody great Christmas to be a nerd."

Ive preordered mine from shopto.net

Ive ordered quite a few things from them, but ive only pre-ordered two things - Forza 2 which did come a day before release, and Bioshock which arrived the monday after release... but that was probably due to high demand.

Ive never preordered from Play, but a mate in work has done so a few times and i dont think he's ever got anything the day before release...

This game is stream-lined to near-perfection. There're a few times when the hand-holding is a little tedious. It's a better compromise than I imagined it would be - the game is very satisfying in one or to hour portions, which is ace.

So, a different pace and atmosphere, a truly *great* game. :)

I reckon your best off trying it before you buy mate. I know some people who suffer from motion sickness, and its any form of FPS, so Metroid on the GC affected them.

I was rooting on youtube for an english version of that trailer when i found this. Its for the first Metroid Prime on the cube but its pretty cool. Id never seen it before, must of been america only...

edit:

Also, ...LOL

I've got a horrible feeling I might have to wait for Metroid. My order status still says "Pre-order", which it is, but I was hoping it'd be shipped today. Thing is, if they post it tomorrow (softuk) I dont think we've had post on a saturday since I moved. Admittedly in that time theres been a postal strike, but I cant even remember any junk mail we've had. And to make things worse I'm not around on monday.

Poor Ben :(

What Ben and sambob said about the Prime series on the podcast rings true to me.

I always enjoy myself whilst playing them, but I made the same mistake of stopping playing half way through one. A big no no.

I won't be buying this game this weekend (No cash), but I'll pick this up in future.