passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

The random download games thread

Sambob

It's ok, Smurph is ahead of me. :(

I'm struggling to get the hardcore acheivements on it as well.

I'll send both of you my demo account later.

Jimbo - making a new American acount is a piece of piss, you just need a random American address, a different hotmail email to the one you use now, a made-up phone number and you're away!

Some demos are up early on the American one but I'm mostly using it to keep the demos off my profile (cos I'm that sad).

Looks like I'll be getting Sonic 2 tonight then - if you fancy a run through, let me know. :)

Not that anyone probably cares, but there's some new content for Bomberman Live.

Hudson has blown up plans for new Bomberman Live! content, which will be available next Wednesday for 250 points (GBP 2.13 / EUR 3).

Inside the ticking box of goodies will be 10 new characters, such as Bomberella the cavewoman and El Bombito the matador, as well as two new levels – the magical Medieval Times and racetrack Full Tilt.

There's also a new Bomb Shelters game mode that lets you hide from explosions in little fireproof huts, plus a pair of fresh leaderboards to track how long you take getting round the Full Tilt map.

EDIT

Whoops, I missed news of this week's new XBLA game.

Microsoft has revealed this week's Xbox Live Arcade release, Eidos's weird and psychedelic co-op entry Geon: Emotions, which is available from this morning.

We still haven't got a clue what it's all about, but according to Microsoft's blurb Geon offers "intense multiplayer head-to-head and co-op team action, razor sharp visuals and a pounding soundtrack."

We suppose we'll let it surprise us when it finally finished downloading.

• 2 weeks later...

Tetris Splash (:blink: ) is the XBLA game for this week, it's going for 800 points, supports up to 6 players online, free for all and team modes.

Might as well take the time to update my list.

Assault Heroes

Bomberman Live

Castlevania : SOTN

Catan

Geometry Wars

Hexic HD

Pacman : C.E.

Robotron : 2084

Sonic The Hedgehog

Sonic The Hedgehog 2

Streets of Rage 2

Track & Field

Uno

Worms

I'm also looking at getting Marble Blast Ultra, Prince of Persia, Texas Hold 'em, Wik: Fable of Souls and Zuma.

The only XBLA game I've bought so far is Worms, along with Hexic HD that was already on the HDD. I've tried pretty much every demo going now, and there's a few I want

Pac-Man CE

Bomberman Live

Marble Blast Ultra

Sonic The Hedgehog

Jetpac Refuelled (maybe)

:)

Ah illdog, how lovely it is to see your presence again.....

Ive only downloaded bomberman and worms so far....the xbox live games are expensive, I like the prospect of buying games that I played on old consoles, and the Wii is the place for that.

Having said that Puzzlequest on the arcade is great, i only wish id not have played it first time round.

In all fairness mate, it wasn't that long ago that I finished it really, and like Animal Crossing, I need a bigger break from a game like that.

Plus, I always had the feeling that I was flying by the seat of my pants when I won a match so online multi would be fairly one-sided.

I'll certainly be having a look at the demo though.

For a handy reference, here's what the points translate as:

400 points - £3.40 / €4.65 / $5.00 (U.S. dollars)/ $6.40 (canadian dollars)

800 points - £6.80 / €9.30 / $10.00 / $12.79

1200 points - £10.20 / €13.96 / $14.99 / $19.19

So for 100 points it's 85p.

This Wednesday, "Every Extend Extra Extreme" and "Speedball 2: Brutal Deluxe" hit Xbox LIVE Arcade. Both games are 800 points.

http://gamerscoreblog.com/team/archive/200.../15/553957.aspx

w00t, I'll be getting Speedball 2. I won't be using the 3D option, though. Hell no.

Oh, and other news I saw on rllmuk forum (no source)

Also Lumines Live is dropping to only 800points. The new Holiday pack will be 400points and the Heavenly Star and Breeze skins will once again be free for Gold users.

Okay this isnt a Live Arcade game but Downloadable content has been released for Forza 2 in the form of more cars. The list is:

- 2007 SEAT Leon Cupra (Available for Free Download)

- 2006 Audi R10 (#8 Audi Sport Team Joest) Prototype

- 1970 Dodge Challenger R/T Hemi

- 2006 Dodge Challenger Concept

- 2006 Honda Civic Si Coupe

- 2007 Honda Civic Type-R

- 1967 Lamborghini Miura P400

- 2006 Lamborghini Miura Concept

- 2007 Porsche 911 GT3 RS (997)

- 2007 Saturn Sky Red Line

- 2007 SEAT Leon Supercup

This pack is a paltry 400 points!

Plus there's news that in the near future we will be getting more tracks to download over Live.

I know im hoping a lot, but i want some British tracks like Brands Hatch, Oulton Park and Thruxton :)

A guy has to dream dont he?

I don't know how universal the Live Arcade is, but America at least is getting the following this week:

Battlestar Galactica - 800 points

Exit - 800 points

A free update to Uno (support for the Scene-It controllers)

DLC for Bomberman Live and Pinball FX