passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Post your Gaming Setup

retroed

I don't know if you can make it out but in amongst that picture of pal Dreamcast games (blue cases) are a couple of sealed games. One of which, Cannon Spike, goes for over £50 on ebay open, no idea how much it goes for sealed but I think I might stick it up on ebay

That's ntsc though, apparently Cannon Spike was one of the last pal games to be released so it's going for about $80 unsealed.

the biggest problem is talking my parents through fishing it out amongst all the other games. I'm expecting them to just bring a big box of all the game cases

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Just ordered a Samsung UE48H6500 TV, nice and light so it will go on the wall once the fireplace is out. I guess this might include some re-plastering...

Now I need to find some speakers that won't look awful on the wall. I'm looking at Monitor Audio Radius 225 or similar, only 67mm deep, pretty amazing really!

I'll have to post before and after :)

I have also designed and am building an AV unit, which should be a little more toddler friendly :D

I've had to remove my speakers as the wee little one in the house has started to try and climb on them.

The cones also now have been poked at :( ah well, gives me an excuse to wire up the speakers in my shed.

I've been looking at getting a sound-bar, I'm waiting for one to come up at the right price though. I know you can get them for as little as £50, but I have my suspicions they sound like a monkey humping a dustbin lid.

(on an unrelated side note, why is it every time you walk into a shop where they have a sound system on show, some chump always turns the "bass" dial all the way round as far as it will go? are tehre genuinely people that thing having muddy overdriven bass on everything makes it sound better?)

(on an unrelated side note, why is it every time you walk into a shop where they have a sound system on show, some chump always turns the "bass" dial all the way round as far as it will go? are tehre genuinely people that thing having muddy overdriven bass on everything makes it sound better?)

Loads of them. They're the people who buy beats headphones, or drive around in cars with stupid sound systems and the bass so high you can't make out anything over the sound of the doors and glass vibrating.

I've had to remove my speakers as the wee little one in the house has started to try and climb on them.

The cones also now have been poked at :( ah well, gives me an excuse to wire up the speakers in my shed.

I've been looking at getting a sound-bar, I'm waiting for one to come up at the right price though. I know you can get them for as little as £50, but I have my suspicions they sound like a monkey humping a dustbin lid.

Check out the Sonos soundbar, or if you have an amp, the Monitor Audio one :)

Not cheap mind, but a very tidy solution.

http://www.monitoraudio.co.uk/products/radius/radius-one/

Yup, it is true. I used to be one of those. Baby blue C Reg Nissan Micra, HUGE speakers and all I could really hear/feel were all of the bolts gradually becoming loose as I drove it :D

Now I get it though, those days are well behind me.

Got your sub on anything like a granite block? That might help too. Mine just sits on 4 2p's on the wooden floor (so it doesn't gradually sink downwards).

ah, my old set-up I literally had the sub bolted to the floor behind the sofa (a BK monolith), paired with some lovely mission front speakers, but I had to sell it all when I needed to buy a new car :(

One day I'll buy a decent home set up again, perhaps if I ever move to a detached house (or build myself a hidden underground garden retreat)

I've turned ours up to louder than we'd listen to it and been to all the neighbours - they can't hear a thing! :D he lady next door is 99% deaf though, so that helps.

I have a BK too, 200 I think, v nice.