passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Post your Gaming Setup

retroed

Cyberpunk, your 'tame' setup makes my computer cry

That's the one I put £200 into a few weeks ago. Funny thing is, I gave my old parts to my son, and the realised my old motherbard wouldn;t fit in his pc case. so we had to swap. Now he has a very nice black custom pc case. And I've got a silver E-Machines case that looks pants. But, as I said to Ed today, it looks like shit, but has it under the hood. I may have even gone so far as to say it's like an American Muscle car. Y'know, makes a lot of noise, and is crap on corners.

I reckon the game is Dave Mirra's BMX for Dreamcast

21dg8x4.jpg

NSMB Wii looks surprisingly good on my LCD via Component, although there's still jaggies. I'm still fine-tuning the TV settings for Wii. Sitting back helps though. Also, Wii is on top of the unit now and not on a shelf, and I've switched the sensor bar from top to the bottom of the TV.

Sorry guys. I still use an old CRT, and mine looks just fine.

It would look even better with an official RGB Scart plugged into AV1, dude. That's how I had mine before and it looks awesome, I still have it plugged in upstairs if I ever fancy putting the Wii up there. The composite cables that come bundled only do 50hz too, the one thing component has going for it is 60hz and 480p (RGB Scart does 60hz too, 576i).

Post those settings up, Ed, mine still looks cack. :(

Contrast - 64

Brightness - 50

Colour - 45

Tint - 55

Sharpness - 67

Fresh Tone - 50

Colour Temp - Normal

That's what I'm using at the moment, you still get jaggies, but the picture looks fairly decent overall. As good as I've had it so far on this TV, anyway.

Bring on Wii HD.

It would look even better with an official RGB Scart plugged into AV1, dude. That's how I had mine before and it looks awesome, I still have it plugged in upstairs if I ever fancy putting the Wii up there. The composite cables that come bundled only do 50hz too, the one thing component has going for it is 60hz and 480p (RGB Scart does 60hz too, 576i).

I'll have to invest in that cable mate. I just use the yellow, white, and red cables at the mo.

Contrast - 64

Brightness - 50

Colour - 45

Tint - 55

Sharpness - 67

Fresh Tone - 50

Colour Temp - Normal

Do you keep them settings for everything, like TV, films, 360, PS3? We've got pretty much the same TV haven't we? Can you have different settings stored for whenever you change the input? So the TV would change the settings for you as soon as you change to Wi.