passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Post your Gaming Setup

retroed

This is a popular thread on NTSC-UK and RLLMUK, so thought I'd start one here.

Nothing has changed much in mine, but here are some new pics now that I've moved my router and made space for an Elite.

Toshiba 28" Flat Widescreen CRT

Panasonic DMR-ES20D Freeview / DVD Recorder

Panasonic SA-PM28 5CD MP3 Stereo

Nintendo Wii

Sony PSTwo

Livebox Router (for PC, Wii, DS, PSP, and soon to be wired to 360)

Everything (inc Super Famicom in drawer) is connected via RGB SCART, using Vivanco switch box.

set1al4.jpg

set5iy5.jpg

Bottom drawer (there's a modded Super Famicom under the stuff):

set2hi7.jpg

Top drawer:

set3po1.jpg

• 7 months later...

Time to resurrect this thread with a couple new pics and updated spec, I feel.

Hannspree 37" JT02-E2 LCD HDTV

Panasonic DMR-ES20D Freeview / DVD Recorder

Panasonic SA-PM28 5CD MP3 Hi-Fi

Nintendo Wii [Component]

Microsoft XBOX 360 Elite [HDMI] [audio via Hi-Fi]

Super Famicom [modified] [RGB Scart] in bottom drawer

Livebox Router [for PC, Wii, DS, PSP, and wired 360]

sized2rg9.jpg

sized3lv5.jpg

sized1yi6.jpg

sized4bv6.jpg

The speaker stands / CD storage units that I bought from Argos have been modified as they were 2 rows higher, meaning the top of the speakers would have been level with the top of the TV, too high. I cut them down to size, drilled a few holes, cut down the backing pieces, and they were sorted. :)

Super tidy as always, Ed! :)

Ok, I've not posted my mess before but the picture is crappy anyway, so here we go.

post-62-1208795128_thumb.jpg

From top, we have the TV (obviously) 32" Hanspree, a Saturn pad, spare 360 pad (black), PSP, Classic Controller, Wii Wheel, spare Wiimote and Zapper. Apart from the 360 pad and Saturn pad, they're all only there because I'm too lazy to put them away in the gaming cupboard.

Underneath, we have the PC's speakers either side of the machines (PC is to the right), the 360 Mega-Black-Ultra-Elite-FTW-edition, the PS2, a stack of Duracell batteries ready for when the Wiimote conks out (360's charge kits FTW) and the good old Wii with a platinum Cube pad sticking out of it.

Underneath all that (possibly out of view) is the Saturn and the space of where I keep meaning to set up the Dreamcast.

here is my, quite frankly, embarrassing gaming set up. The only reason i'm posting it is to be a lesson to you all. DON"T PLAY NEXT GEN CONSOLES ON 14" PORTABLE TELLYS....

its shit

post-166-1208797003_thumb.jpg

P.S I'd kill for Ed's set up. Its super tidy and looks awesome...Ed, I'm coming over and taking your house/flat whilst your at work. *Evil Laugh*

Old school!

oh yeah it was great for playing the spectrum on back in the day, it handles 4 colors like totally super sweet. The main problem is for anything thats optimized for HD (aka dead rising) i have to press my nose against the screen to read the text because its just a blur...fucking high defination...someone buy me a new telly.. i'll even offer sexual favours.... :blink:

Now that is funky. The 360 must look like shit.

I might post a picture, but mine consists of this.

a LG HDTV,

a 360,

a Wii,

and PS2.

The TV is small compared to Ed's huge one mind you.

• 2 weeks later...

post-166-1210093291_thumb.jpg

w00t w00t new set up at last!!now i'm using a 20" flat screen monitor, much much better than the old 14" portable (obviously) only trouble is i don't have any sound at the moment...Should get that sorted out tomorrow though.

.:EDIT:. not sure why the pic is rotated, i thought i'd swaped it around

Jim, i'm not sure you should have your 360 on top of your pc, thats a lot of heat breeding between the 2 of them

Image013.jpg

That's the TV (complete with Rooney motif). PS3 top shelf. Wii, Saturn & DVD player middle shelf. PS2 bottom shelf

Image016.jpg

PC desk. The 360 (out of shot) and PC go into the 22" monitor, the Drizzle Sizzle goes into the 4:3 which is usually on its side for shooters but keeps falling down and leaving marks on the wall so its in a more traditional position.

The PC is a dual core 3ghz with 3 gig ram, 256 Radeon graphics card, 500gig HDD and some sort of fucking awesome soundcard that I love more than I probably should.

Also my surround sound is setup under there.

Image015.jpg

Luckily i've a fireplace in my room so that's where the 360 and its power brick live. Also that's the DS phat with forehead protector :)

The xbox and cube are under the bed and the rest of my retro stuff is at my parents

• 6 months later...

I have a PS3 now on the lower shelf, plus all the crap and cable all over the place that are not in the picture. You not a proper gamer unless you game in a midden. Right now my set up could do with a clean down, but there's just too many games taking up my time to do it right now. :blush:

setupnew.jpg