passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

No more shoutbox

Hendo

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lack of shoutbox is odd but its not the end of the world.

Hendo spoke my mind exactly, it will encourage more posting, sometimes I come on here with stuff to do and end up insulting Sam for hours.

Im happy to pay toward any costs, but in all honestly the price is just not worth it.

Dammit, I HATE there being no shoutbox. I have to hope that someone sees my questions...!

Those GB micro Famicoms, are they just standard ones with a famicom fascia? Just wondering...

Oh, and there had better be online Block Fort on MK!!!!!

The Shoutbox isnt a major loss, but is sorley missed. I dont think we should consider paying for one as was said, theres only a handful of regulars who actually use it or would pay for it.

I do think we need some sort of replacement, even if its just a chatroom as being able to instantly communicate is a great help for setting up online matches and the like.

Hehe, I'm more with ill on this I think, it makes posting a far more relaxed affair without having to worry that you've missed someone's comment because you can't see the box.

There's one thing I might try and make it only available for those who want it, and for online matches and stuff.

But the days of having a fixed shoutbox there are pretty much over.

Although if anyone wants to be in a chatroom, download Skype if you haven't already got it, and you can join in on the podcast this week without embarrasing yourself on the air like I do. :)

wildejon wrote:

Dammit, I HATE there being no shoutbox. I have to hope that someone sees my questions...!

Those GB micro Famicoms, are they just standard ones with a famicom fascia? Just wondering...

It's like this (this one's mine, w00t):

http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/2935/micro1hr6.jpg

http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/9238/micro2ab3.jpg

Very special!

£45 from play-asia.... Dammit.

Reckon I'll get stung on import though? I guess I might do as its more expensive. I REALLY want one though!!!

Really would like one for this Saturday though! Seems craxy to pay for a standard one when I could get one of these for the same money, they are well sexy!

Right, the temporary chatroom is open, hosted by Gabbly.

Once you click on Chat up top (members only) it'll take you to the private Gabbly room in a new window or tab.

I'm still hoping the forum keeps getting the use, and that gets used mainly for online match ups and stuff.

When I used the GamesTM Gabbly for the MK tournament, the Gabbly box opened up as part of the forum? By that I mean you didn't have to go into a different tab to use the chat feature, it was on the same page as GTM...

RetroEd wrote:

When I used the GamesTM Gabbly for the MK tournament, the Gabbly box opened up as part of the forum? By that I mean you didn't have to go into a different tab to use the chat feature, it was on the same page as GTM...

You can do, but its a very weird little thing, not sure how Hendo has it set up, but I toyed with one, and it puts an iframe into your html, but reloads whenever the page is changed

and you lose all your messages...

hendos set up the best way i think.