passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Random Vid Clips

Hendo

Yeah, that was alright.

I watched the music theory thing you posted as well and that lead me into a video about polyphonic singing. I can't find the video now, otherwise I'd post that. The human voice is quite incredible when you think about it. It's just meat and air, but we manage to do spectacular things with it.

On 15/05/2019 at 19:26, Craymen Edge said:

Didn't know where to put this. Really fascinating stuff, I definitely want to check out more of this guy's stuff.

I’ve heard them before and noticed it, but was getting my hair cut earlier and two songs back to back on the radio had the Scotch Snap.

Can’t remember what the second one was now but the first was this, which until googling from some of the lyrics, didn’t realise it was Chvrches involved when I’ve heard it on the radio in work.

Another cool music breakdown vid appeared in my recommendation list.

A guy taking apart how Schism by Tool is played and constructed.

He is wrong about one thing - the bass is all real. Justin uses an effect plus liberal use of a whammy and volume pot control on the quiet section.

I used to have the song notated from Guitar World so I’ve seen how nuts the time signature changes are before.

It also makes me want to find the stems and just listen to the drum track solo.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

@OCH Have you listened to the excellent modern adaptations of The Case of Charles Dexter Ward & The Whisperer in Darkness, serialised on the BBC Sounds app ? Highly recommended - with the final installment, Shadow Over Innsmouth due later this year.

Alternatively The White Vault is another great Lovecraftian style podcast/web series.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...