passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Blacking out

hinn888

whilst on the computer at home, randomly my monitor blacks out, it u look hard enough u can just see what was still on but extremely dark. i have no idea how to fix this, i tried all the brightness n all tht, so i turn my monitor off n back on, it shows up as normal again then blacks out, i have no idea how to fix this or do i need a new one?

Wow, that's pretty good. You can use that as a TV and a PC monitor, I take it?

I'm gonna be after a new TV soon I think and that might do me well!

While I'm here can I hijack Hinn's thread to ask something else?

I've been meaning to ask here for a while, I've only got one scart input on my TV, yet I have one for TV set-box, DVD player, PS2 and Wii all hustling for use.

I need one of those scart splitters as I'm pretty sure the input bit will soon die on me, and I'm not sure exactly how soon I can get a new telly.

So, anyone got a decent recommendation for a splitter?

Yep, that Monitor can be used as a TV or for PC. It only has analogue built in, but will accept a Freeview box or whatever.

I can recommend a decent RGB Scart splitter. I use one by Vivanco (I have two actually, one downstairs and on in the bedroom). It takes upto 3 Scart inputs, and all are RGB wired. It's THIS one. I paid £12.99 in the Play.com sale, is £17.99 now. You may be able to find it a bit cheaper elsewhere, though. You could buy two and use the 3rd input for another Scart splitter, making a total of 5 inputs?