passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Getting a 360...

SlyEnemy 2.0

RetroEd wrote:

I wub.gif my 360.

I've managed to rack up 12 retail games already, some new some second hand, although I haven't played all of them yet. There's a few I still want too; Lego Star Wars Complete Saga, CoD4, etc. I even played that free Carcassone XBLA game last night and enjoyed it. Superb console, and I haven't properly taken it online more than once yet, either!

This is the thing, if christmas came in the middle of the year, id have got one. There are good games on it, and there are games i want on it. But the only games im anything like excited by are on the Wii. Admittedly beyond the games i listed before, and No More Heroes, there's not much im after on the Wii or that i know about at any rate.

Thing is i know what im like, if i dont get one now, i'll end up buying one out of my own pocket at the end of january

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

360 GET!

It's a HDMI model too, which means fuck all to me for likely the next couple of years, but it does mean it's less likely to red ring :) Eds sent me a Scart cable for it already (that ive not paid for yet :whistle: ) and a mate (Spatular) has given me a VGA cable, which is looking like it will fit my moniter, but i'd have to move it to next to my telly to get any sound out of it.

For some reason my parents gave me the money to buy it for myself for christmas, and get it sent to my house. I've taken that as carte blanche that it's cool to open it and play it for at least a week before i mention that its arrived. Now i just need some games

This is getting silly, it must just be me who hasn't got one?!

Are the elite versions worth the extra cash? Not sure how much space the downloadable games take up. I doubt I'd ever bother with films to be honest.

Play.com seem to have a pretty decent Premium deal (although I'd rather PRG4 over Forza). If its still going on Feb I think I'll have to get one with my bonus... I'll pop soon if I can't start playing 360 games!!!!

wildejon wrote:

Are the elite versions worth the extra cash? Not sure how much space the downloadable games take up. I doubt I'd ever bother with films to be honest.

Play.com seem to have a pretty decent Premium deal (although I'd rather PRG4 over Forza). If its still going on Feb I think I'll have to get one with my bonus... I'll pop soon if I can't start playing 360 games!!!!

I got a premium, or xbox 360, or Pro, or whatever they're being called this week. £220 from Shopto.com its the 20 gig, but they've added an HDMI slot and a heat sink (sp) to stop quite so much breakage

And Sam, i will be ordering those live games, its one of my tasks for today, not sure who's getting the second set tho. Everyone i know who's got a 360 has either got most of the included games, or just wouldnt play them

wildejon wrote:

I haven't got one. :) My parents said that they'd buy me one, but I've finally decided not to now. I've been looking at the upcoming 360 games for next year & there's nothing that tickles my fancy to the tune of £200. I have waay too much PSP/Wii/DS/PS3 games to play anyway. The 360 would just gather dust. :(

Ben wrote:

wildejon wrote:

I got a premium, or xbox 360, or Pro, or whatever they're being called this week. £220 from Shopto.com its the 20 gig, but they've added an HDMI slot and a heat sink (sp) to stop quite so much breakage

And Sam, i will be ordering those live games, its one of my tasks for today, not sure who's getting the second set tho. Everyone i know who's got a 360 has either got most of the included games, or just wouldnt play them

Gimmie those games biatch!

Phooey wrote:

I haven't got one. :) My parents said that they'd buy me one, but I've finally decided not to now. I've been looking at the upcoming 360 games for next year & there's nothing that tickles my fancy to the tune of £200. I have waay too much PSP/Wii/DS/PS3 games to play anyway. The 360 would just gather dust. :(

You have a PS3 though so I can understand your point of view. I don't have either (just a Wii) and really feel like I'm missing out on some great games.

No way can I miss out on GTA and Resi next year!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Cool, I'm finally getting a 360! Going to wait until my Jan bonus though so I have a month to go... Looking out for deals at the moment... (Ed, that means you :) )

I guess its worth picking up an Elite for the extra £50 or so?

Currently I only have a SDTV, does the Elite come with a cable for old school TV's too?

It comes with composite, but you'll want to get an RGB Scart really so that you'll be able to read the text in some games!

There aren't really any deals about at the moment, but there should be some in January! I'd say the Elite is worth the extra as it comes with the audio lead, HDMI cable, more storage and of course it's black. But it's by no means essential.

• 2 years later...