passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Arcade Fire

retroed

Nah, Swallow - I literally mean I haven't played it yet!

For some reason if I have a copy of an album I forget that I have it, as like the same with copied games, it doesn't really feel like you have it.

I've been meaning to buy it for ages, and then I remember that someone may have given me a disc with it on (for legal reasons, I may have made that up - of course I really own it) and so I never pick it up.

Or remember to listen to it.

I'll make a point of listening to it this weekend.

• 4 months later...

Well I went to Cardiff to see Arcade Fire yesterday, and man it was awesome. Well worth the 340 mile round trip! We had a fantastic time, and they performed superbly. Here are some pics, the shaky ones taken from a distance are mine, the closer ones I nabbed from somewhere. :)

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=10786&id=598138726

And there's some vids on YouTube if you search for Arcade Fire Cardiff, but THIS is one of the better ones.

Ah right! I just had a look and it looks like the band are no more, though. Is Jenn the really annoying one who guests on retronauts sometimes, or am I thinking of the wrong person? Anyway...

Arcade Fire's Win Butler was hit in the face by a bottle during last night's (October 31) gig in Nottingham.

The band, who were dressed in Halloween costumes (pictured), were playing 'Neighbourhood #3 (Power Out)' when he got hit.

Butler changed the lyrics to: "Where'd you go? / No seriously/ Where'd you go you fucker?"

The band went off stage and returned for a performance of 'Rebellion (Lies)' and, according to a witness, "someone threw something again".

Butler stopped playing for a second time and told the audience: "We''ll never play Nottingham again" before continuing with the song.

Meanwhile, the show saw the live debut of track 'Surf City Eastern Block', plus a performance of The Smiths' 'Still Ill'.

07111_115641_arcadefirepressL011107.jpg

http://www.nme.com/news/arcade-fire/32229

Fucking idiot. Not Win, by the way.