passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Resident Evil 4

Hendo

So, after years of moving the series along at a snails' pace, Capcom finally delivered this.

Blimey it's good!

Personally I loved it, but I got stuck on the two huge bastards-with-a-pit-in-the-middle level and gave up. I really need to give it a go again.

Yeah pretty much the best reason to own a Gamecube is Resident Evil 4 so far ahead of the other Resi's its ridiculous. The graphics beat everything else on gamecube or infact PS2 and Xbox has a terrific atmoshpere and superb controls.

I have played through the game 5 times on both difficulties with both outfits and all the extras you get when completed. If you dont have it and own a GC or Wii what the hell are you doing go buy also watch that video its hilarious.

This was the first Resident Evil game since the PS1 original that I completed and I fucking loved every second of it. This is another classic that ive only played through once, along with Metroid Prime, Windwaker and Ocorina of Time. One day i'll go through it again dagnabit.

i'm playing this as we speak, borrowed it off the gf's brother.

i'd opnly ever play RE2 on the PS1, and hated it.

This though seems awesome, I'm playing it on easy due to my crapness, but aye, great stuff...

awesome graphics, great fun too when shooting the zomnie/people/whatever they are weird cult people things.....

I'm at chapter 1-4 if that helps people realise how slow I am :P

Guest Kaede

This is the thing you fight with the harpoons right? If I remember correctly you only really damage it when it swims towards you and you have to hold fire as long as possible before lobbing a harpoon down it's throat. It's important not to get knocked off the boat, I think about the third time it happens you'll get eaten!

I actually only played this for the first time towards the end of last year, having not been a fan of the Resi games before this. I really enjoyed this one and it's one of the few adventure type games I've actually been bothered to finish in the last few years (arcade games are more my thing). I have the PS2 version on import though, still have all the extra missions and side stories to play through.

Personally i think RE4 is possibly the greatest game ever made (In the running anyway) Or at the very least the best Resi game by a clear mile. As has been mentioned before the atmosphere is so tense, and the satisfaction of doing up your weapons and taking out enemies is just brilliant!

@Hendo: you quit after failing to take out the two 'cave trolls'?

If im correct its got the lava in the middle of the room... (or at least when you pull a lever....)

Yea, one of them you make fall into a pit of lava and the other one you just shoot with all of your ammo, Im sure they made it like this so that you had to do the rest of the game with no ammo ala previous Resi games, because at this point I had tons of ammo for loads of guns.

Yep, that's the bit.

I know exactly what to do, but I either run out of ammo or he kills me.

I think I might have used too much stuff up prior to my save. :(

Unless there's another save point on the card, I'll probably start again.

The opening was brilliant! Will be great to go back to the village.

Oh, and for anyone that hasn't played it yet, don't shoot the guy that says "Welcome straaaaaanger!" as you'll kill him and he's very important! I learned that from a review before I played it which is good.

And on that note.....

I dont remember the welcome stranger bit.

If you run out of ammo just take the troll out with your knife, be a man.

I used to love going around with my little gun and shooting the bad guys in the foot and then slamming them over wrestling style so it breaks their fucking heads, take that you fucking cult worshipping motherfuckers, also you are able to stamp their slag faces into the ground. I love this because if one of them kills you then you can take it out on him when you find him again, retribution muthaaaas!!

Also why has no one mention trying to look up the girls skirt (ashley) or making her run towards you from far away. Good times.

Guest Kaede
I dont remember the welcome stranger bit.

You serious? He means the merchant you buy all the weapons from..."Lot's of good things on sale ssssssstranger!" Or did you hardcore it with the pistol all the way through? :P

Yea, pistol and knife. Eventually, once youve knifed and head smashed enough people you get the headbutt option and then the kidney punch.

I know which one you mean. I didnt realise he could actually die though, never actually thought to shoot him, like I said after having played all the older resi games im an ammo squirrel and always try to head shot or punch/head slam thats why the cave troll bit wasnt a prob because I had a ton of ammo. Did everyone know about combining bits of treasure so that you get more money from selling it

im now at a bit where im in a hut with that spanish geezer and the girl has run upstairs, and i have to fight all this things outside through the window, but man, i keep running out of ammo, its so fucking hard!!

That bit was a real bugger, basically you have to save as much ammo as possible and then they have these bits, like the shooty house for example or later a cavey lava-ish bit where you just use up all of your hard earned ammo. Its little things like combining Treasure to sell it for more money and then buy more ammo, and shooting the certain bits of the well to make sure the treasure isnt dirty so its worth more. Its bloody hard but it makes the game better when you get to buy the attache case campervan attachment or the tank gun barrel attachment for your pistol (these arent real).

Its good but I dont think id play through it again because of all the stress and worry it causes as the game seems to never end (a pleasant surprise)

damn having to save ammo!!!

its going to be tricky getting past this bit i feel...

but aye, this game is stunning, it gets inside your head like no other game i've played, the sound is amazing and the fear factor is better then anything i've seen in a film since the original Wicker Man!!