Centy

Random News

Nah, paying the extra Switch tax for a worse looking, worse performing version of a game  just to play it portably with a shite controller, small screen, poor online and no achievement system is weird. 

That doesn't explain why you'd be sick of hearing that another option is available. 

And all those reasons aren't always the case. 

Well for me at least it's mainly down to people not giving any thought whatsoever to what kind of downgrades would or wouldn't be needed or if the game would even be suitable for the platform, it's almost a stock answer nowadays.

Someone mentions Target Renegade in a thread you can guarantee two replies down they'll be a "Switch port when?" comment... it's roll your eyes inducing.

Options are good though, I'd never deny that.

These naysayers are barmy. I was playing SSB ultimate the other day and dropped my Switch, which bounced right back into my hands. And I won the match!

And they say it hasn't got achievements.

Well the OP was about Witcher 3, which I think would be good in theory on the platform.  And it's a rumour so its all theory at the moment (for my 2c I'm not sure they'd be willing to give up the resources to make the changes needed for it to truly work as it would have to be rebuilt).  But handheld RPGs are a popular thing since it makes it easier to dip in and out.

And no-one here is saying that and quite frankly I don't care what some randos on other forums and comment sections are saying.  It's 90% eyeroll inducing on all subjects.

16 minutes ago, DifferentClass said:

And no-one here is saying that and quite frankly I don't care what some randos on other forums and comment sections are saying.  It's 90% eyeroll inducing on all subjects.

That made me roll my eyes... not kidding.👌

As @DifferentClass says, it's the handheld RPG that makes most sense on the Switch (apart from the 1st party stuff, obviously).

It's hard for me to play very long games on a home console. Life commitments mean I have to plan sit down sessions, whereas I can generally grab an extra hour or so a day on the Switch just because of the sleep function and the ease of utilising that spare 10 or 20 minutes that crop up in the course of a normal day.

I love the console, and was initially a bit over-enthusiastic, wanting everything ported and moaning when it wasn't. Now the console is, for me, a Nintendo and RPG/Jrpg machine,  and I've recently become comfortable again playing normal length games on the PS4. 

I have already played Witcher 3, however. It took me effing months, and I think that was the last time I attempted a very long game on a home console. It's just too hard for the likes of me, a family man who keeps odd work hours, to make progress in such games.

So yeah, I might be guilty of uttering that dreaded phrase, but only for very long games that otherwise (these days) I'd probably just pass on.

I really can't see Witcher running on Switch. Digital Foundry still use a run through one of the cities in their stress tests because it taxes cpus so much. The world would have to be nearly empty on Switch, so why bother

Even on PC Novigrad is a massive stress test. Low settings, high, whatever. Looking at that Cyberpunk game that's another one that's going to bring systems to their knees between the visual density and verticality of the city, the crowds of NPC and the speed you are driving through it all.

6 minutes ago, Hendo said:

I would imagine it would be streamed.

Technically it's not on the Switch then...

Is that streaming thing still Japan only or what?

42 minutes ago, wiivo 2.0 said:

Worst logic ever. 

But technically correct or are you saying that Resi 7 and Assassin's Creed are actually being ran on the Switch?