Centy

Random News

Not a really surprise is it!!  They must have looked at it & found they can't milk enough money out of it with Micro Transactions & Lootboxes so cancelled it.

Hoping that they don't give the Star Wars licence to one publisher once this deal is over, so we might get some decent games.

I’d take a new,proper Knights Of The Old Republic game over yet another mediocre Battlefront game any day of the week.

Not going to happen,but hey,we can hope.

Some more indie goodness to look forward to in 2019.

https://gematsu.com/2019/01/songbird-symphony-launches-july-25

https://www.destructoid.com/terry-cavanagh-hired-an-artist-for-his-new-game-dicey-dungeons-539599.phtml

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2019/01/25/road-to-guandong-chinese-road-trip-game-announced/

Dicey Dungeons is the next game by Terry Cavanagh.

I think 2019 could be another special year for indie games. We’ve already had Slay the Spire. Wargroove and Sunless Skies are releasing in the next couple of days. And after that there is a string of impressive looking games.

So the net begins to close on some of the dubious practices/gambling aspects, albeit only once each party has already made a butt tonne of money from them.....

Wonder what my old mum will think when they phone her to ask if she's been missold a loot box.

I knew Sunless Skies would be a good shout for the Fantasy Critic thing. Reviews have been good so far:

Eurogamer - Essential

RockPaperShotgun - Bestest Bests

PC Gamer - 90%

I loved Sunless Sea and I do intend to go back to it, and play the Zubmariner expansion, but this is meant to be even better so, I might just play this first.

I watched that the other day... It's not that impressive really, unless it's YouTube fucking everything up.

You guys should actually try looking at FFVII on your big TV. You can probably fit your thumb on the pixels of those 320x240 backgrounds. It looks really really bad and ruins the art.

This just fixes that problem. Clean, nice resolution backgrounds so the game is presentable on something other than a CRT TV or a PSP. It's like rescuing the original assets to the extent that that's even possible considering theyve all being thrown out

7 minutes ago, one-armed dwarf said:

You guys should actually try looking at FFVII on your big TV.

I have, I played it on PS4.

Yea, don't the backgrounds look like shite

A lot of those assets were originally created at HD resolutions. We know that at least because FFIX has some of its original art still out there

This is what FFIX looked like on a 3d artists workstation

aErJRKN.jpg

Which was then smushed into this pixelly garbage

Disc1-pt02-alexandria_castle_08.jpg?widt

It's just cool that there's a way now to have these at a resolution native to what we actually at them on, rather than stretched out and looking awful

Of course FFIX art is way better than VII, but IX had gotten a similar mod as well if I recall