passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Etrian Odyssey

Centy

So im just walking into BF18 and i cant proceed i need to go back to speak to the kind folks at Rada Hall and well bugger me with a sword of +129 damage there appears to be some sort of story unravelling!

Found this of particular interest for some reason and it's pressed me to go further... faster! I was just casually playing this for a little while each day but having just got to here im going to be seriously grinding my Bard so i can press onwards now.

::EDIT::

I do beilve the FOE on this level is the most pathetic boss I have ever seen in a game :D

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Centy wrote:

im going to be seriously grinding my Bard

Tee hee:P Grind him good.

On a serious note, id love to give this a go but, Ive got so many games to play at the moment that theres unfortunately no room for level grinding and tracking back ten minutes in a game, which is a real shame because as I said id like to give this a try.

sambob wrote:

Centy wrote:
im going to be seriously grinding my Bard

Tee hee:P Grind him good.

On a serious note, id love to give this a go but, Ive got so many games to play at the moment that theres unfortunately no room for level grinding and tracking back ten minutes in a game, which is a real shame because as I said id like to give this a try.

I would recommend you atleast give it a fair shot the backtracking actually is most of the grinding if you get my meaning so you're killing 2 birds with 1 stone and once the addictive strategy and gameplay grab you they won't let go and soon all those other games juts feel empty.

On a less serious note my Bard is actually a girl and I was grinding her all night long... she's level 33 now and im knackered this morning ;)

Finallyy thought i was good enough to enter BF20 and after spending nearly an hour trying to get through BF19 i got there and preceeded to get slaughtered by the bosses and it was a quick fight so im not sure what i need to have my 2 main guys did alot of damage they just didn't last long :(.

I decided to "rest" my alchemist and rebuild his stats with the emphasis on fire magic for the time being and upped my ice and left volt as it was I dont think i'll try this wit h anyone else as most stats are pretty balanced when i next play i'll be trying out my improved fire magic and hopefully i'll manage to cxome out victorious otherwise i'll spend the whole night doing it in chuncks where i'll take out a couple of foes trudgeback to the healing fountain :( and go back for more if only BF19 wasn't such a pain in the arse.

bf20 is a right bar steward :)

My first attempt at exploring it ended in a severe kicking, the sort that I hadn't experienced since BF3. Those orges are hard as nails and hold the key to defeating all the FOE's on this level. My front row troops physical attacks barely did any damage to em. But I found their weakness almost by accident as my party was being cut down one by one. I had a few items in my kit bag that I'd not used before in battle. *hint* *hint*

Getting past bf20 is well worth it as the next stratum's gfx are the best yet. They remind me in some odd way of the classis amiga game hired guns.

Keep the faith dewd.

Spike wrote:

Keep the faith dewd.

To be honest this is the only time where i've found myself bored of playing i want to get further but i hate the amount of grinding that's going on right now. I think I know what items you may be talking about but are they defensive or offensive and if it wouldnt be too spoilerific what element? I dont really have the cash to be splurging on the wrong items right now just loaded up on armour that costs 8100 a pop :S.

Centy wrote:

Spike wrote:
Keep the faith dewd.

To be honest this is the only time where i've found myself bored of playing i want to get further but i hate the amount of grinding that's going on right now. I think I know what items you may be talking about but are they defensive or offensive and if it wouldnt be too spoilerific what element? I dont really have the cash to be splurging on the wrong items right now just loaded up on armour that costs 8100 a pop :S.

Give the orges the *hot oil* treatment as its the only way to finish them off quickly. Then your attacks will reap 400> point at a time. I also found out the oil only works on normal attacks not in conjuction with any other skill attacks, for example smite/silencer/true-hit. Also start the bf20 battle as early in the morning as you can that way you can take out four FOE's at a time and reload on TP before they respawn again. Obviously leave the Boss FOE to Last.

Good luck!

I tried that game but I cant defeat the FOEs on the 2nd floor :( I guess I suck at the game :P

When I got to the 3rd one I saw a FOE coming straight at me and I ran back to the 2nd floor. before I reached the first I only had the defender and I couldnt use the Flee ability cos it'd send me back to the 3rd floor :P

relmatos wrote:

I tried that game but I cant defeat the FOEs on the 2nd floor :( I guess I suck at the game :P

When I got to the 3rd one I saw a FOE coming straight at me and I ran back to the 2nd floor. before I reached the first I only had the defender and I couldnt use the Flee ability cos it'd send me back to the 3rd floor :P

Yeah lots of leveling and tracking back to the inn are required for the first part but stick with it.

cheers spike i'll check that out and let you know how i do.

::EDIT::

Well i got hammered again and remembered why I got such a beating last time. I wouldnt have a problem dealing with the ogre himself as my party is easily powerful enough, that itself is the problem as one of those #@?!#$ little fairys hits my whole party with confusion and they beat each other to death. I just dont often have the enthusiasm to trek through BF19 all the time. Its really pissing me off to be honest i really dont want to play it right now because of this but i want past it so i can see the rest of the game.

::EDIT2::

:P I beat the ogre and 3 things that joined the battle suddenly i have an all new respect for this game. It took me a while and lots of TP was used but when I beat him and whipped back to the last warp point using a magnet (I wasn't in any state to fight off anymore), I felt extremely angry in that "well i did well today now for tomorrow" kind of way and thats when I realised that the game was beating me because I wasnt good enough. Nomally i curse and swear at the game developers for their AI cheating or something being wrong but this time it was me i wasnt good enough and it made me happy again god this game really is something else and im not giving up till i finish now :D.

Can someone lend me 80000en :woohoo: for this new armour though :silly:

After a very confusing start followed by a glimmer of understanding, this game has taken a bit of a nose dive for me.

Its just so boring. I wouldnt mind if it didnt take for fucking ever to level anyone up but it does. Am I doing something wrong? Or is it for the patient only? My dudes are only level 8, they're all a bit pony and its making for hard work and no fun.

Oh, and everything is too expensive. :(

Maybe you're not going far enough into the labyrinth pretty much level 20 is when people really started to take ages leveling for me. Stuff is quite expensive at the beginning.

A little trick you can try is make 5 survivalists all at basic level andddd give them all the chop skill and everytime you get the chance take them out to the first item point on level 1 at this stage it can bring in some much needed cash.

To keep it interesting i guess you just have to keep going and try to avoid making the mistakes i did so you wont have to do alot of level grinding later.

FINALLY! I finally got out of the forest people stratum took me the best part of 3 hours and about 20 cigs but i beat down those adorable little heathens :D. Thankfully the reward was worth it and so is the next stratum i have to agree with you Spike its the best looking one yet and nothing like what i expected. Im exhuasted mentally from that so i've put it down for now but i really can't wait to get into this new level and see what I've been trying to get to for all this time the first few enemies just folded over because I'm so overpowered from level grinding on the last stratum needless to say the feeling of acomplishment is matched in few games and I haven even nearly finished it yet.

Sweet! The best is yet to come. Don't worry about being overpowered though. You'll need every point of that hard earned HP/TP for what awaits you :)

The next stratum has a handy farming spot right next to a town warp point. I was farming 20,000 a day from it. Its great to kit out all your party with some uber armour/weapons.

I have to agree with you regarding the accomplishment factor. This game is hard but fair and I'm sad enough to say that I literally punched the air when I beat the final boss on the forest dewds stratum.

I'm struggling at the minute on a level(b27f) that has taken my mapping skills right to the limit. Its pot hole/warp central.. I had to turn the bugger off for awhile coz it was getting to me. No doubt I'll be firing it up again sometime today to give it another bash. Will this torment never end..

• 2 weeks later...

Progress for me on this game has been mighty slow due to my desire to only play the game in short bursts now and not even everyday, I'm still determined to finish this game but it will take a while though i know more or less what to do just the Monster on BF25 and the big bitch on BF7 to trek back and do now. The FOE on BF7 is ultra Hardcore and my level 60 party barely made a dent before being wiped out.

I found another review of this game aswell from QJ.net loving the 300 quotes.

"SPARTA?! THIS IS ETRIA!!!"

QJ Review

• 10 months later...

I bought this a while ago but never really had a chance to get into it, but thanks to a wet half term week on holiday in the lake district I managed to give it a good go - I love the mapping of the levels but my lord its hard. My characters are in their early twenties and I am only just scratching the surface of the 2nd Stratum.

I think the sequel is out soon in the US.