passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Dinner Dash

Oliath

FACT:

My girlfriend played this solidly all bank holiday monday which meant that i could have a mamouth GearsOfWar session from 9.30am till 7pm... woot woot

This surely means its a good game?

Indeed it is. Very simple but hugely addictive. Kind of reminds me of a modern version of those game and watch lcd games... but with touch screen and more scope.

I had a quick fiddle and found it hard to put down to be honest.

I didnt buy it she did.

We went into GAME to get a new xbox faceplate cos i broke mine by trying to stick my willy in the usb flap and she was like...oooooh this looks fun and i thought...oooh bank holiday... girlfriend busy... xbox live.

Sweet.

So basically you have a restaurant with a changing (depending on level) nuber of tables and varying levels of business.

Basic premise is.. some people / groups etc come in and wait. The more they have to wait for stuff the more unhappy they get - which is shown by a little heart that gradually empties. If it reaches empty they leave in a strop and you loose points / fail the level.

Contol is simple. You tap somewhere and your girl walks there. You can gang taps... so tap a table, then the bar, then another table, then the counter and she will go to those places in order... usful when it gets frantic.

Basic control is touch a group with the pen, then drag them to a table. If you match colors of their clothing to chairs you get bonuses.

They sit and will eventually want to order. Tap table to order. Then tap the counter to take the order to the chef.

When the food is cooked, you pick it up from the counter and take to the correct table.

When they have finished eating, you take the plates, serve cake if they want it, take the bill and clear the table ready for the next customers.

Now add more customers in varying sized groups, not enough tables to seat everyone, different types of customer who take more or less time to eat. Kids who need to be sat in high chairs, and who spill stuff that needs to be mopped up, coffee, different puddings and you get quite a frantic fast paced gameplay.

There are several different restaurants to play through which you can customise (very basicly) in terms of table colour, wall paper etc)

Also offers wireless multiplayer, but not tried this yet.

Graphics are pretty basic, but do the job nicely. Any more complex and you wouldnt be able to tell what is going on.

Probably not worth full whack as i can imagine it being pretty short... but if you can get it cheaper etc (ahem) then well worth it.