42 All-Time Classics / Clubhouse Games

Chinzon

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've absolutely no idea why they would give such a shitty score.

* It's budget price.

* There's shitloads to do in single player.

* It's 8 player single cart.

* It's 8 player online with pictochat and a decently thought out online plan, which makes a change.

* Most importantly, it's FUN!

Every game is done well enough that you'll only not like the games that you wouldn't like anyway. Chess is chess, if you didn't like it before, you won't like it now.

Snippets taken from the end of the review...

+Lots of games crammed into one place, and it's being sold at a fair price too.

-A lot of the games aren't that fun, sadly...we'd rather play real dominoes.

Overall- Surely you'd be better off playing the real thing than this ?

:(

To be fair, where else are you going to find 8 people wanting to all travel to the same destination in order to play a game of dominoes/darts etc? If you're going to say this about games then why, when people get a brand spanking new PC with 10G of Graphic super engine, do they immediately head for Solitaire? Stupid magazine.

Its not a 10/10 but its not 5/10 by a long shot either stupid magazine my only complaint is i have to play through games i dont like to unlock other ones that my only problem so far that and the AI cheats like the 19 year old wife of a 100 year old oil tycoon.

I still stand by my score, and I'm fairly sure Sly and Chin would back me up on that.

To fully appreciate it you need a good few games online. Me and Chin have had some amazing games, especially with Ludo (though he cheats). Darts is great fun, bowling, loads of card games (as Sly will no doubt testify) are fantastic, Balance is superb....

As I mentioned in the review, the ammount of games I don't like are far below the ones I do.

On top of all of this, how long have any of you played a WFC game for before your hand started to die or you got bored? Maybe an hour at a push on MK, Tony's or Metroid? How many WFC games have been bitter disappointments (Starfox I'm looking at you)? I've played games online for several hours at a time - the game is sheer genius. Getting bored of a game? Play something else.

Going back to the other game I gave 10/10 (Animal Crossing) and I feel the same way about this as I did that. Sheer value for money makes it a 10. Granted AC is an aquired taste, and to a certain extent this is, but if you don't think you'll enjoy playing card and board games then you probably won't.

I couldn't be happier with the 20 notes I paid for this if I tried.

Granted its possibly the best value fun for money on DS and yeah the Metroid claw is a factor on how long you can play a game and this certainly has the potental for long time playing sessions. I think my main quibble is that i prefer a bit of action alot of the games though fun do rely on luck more than skill.

I make a point of rarely giving a game 10/10 only because a game that i find no major faults with comes along once in a blue moon infact i would only have given it to 3 games ive played ever so im currently rating this between 7-8 maybe some nice gaming nights with you lot will change my opinion.

el Centy wrote:

my only complaint is i have to play through games i dont like to unlock other ones that my only problem so far that and the AI cheats like the 19 year old wife of a 100 year old oil tycoon.

I think Stamp Mode works really well. There's only about 2 or 3 games to unlock, so once you've finished easy mode (which won't take long) then you can stop there if you like.

• 3 weeks later...

Thought I'd bizza-bump as I finally finished Mahjong Solitaire on Hard mode.

Doesn't sound like something to shout about, but I'd been stuck on that bad boy for about 2 weeks!

I'm now closing in on finishing Stamp Mode completely, then maybe I'll try some more of the Missions.

• 2 months later...

BUMP

This is wicked, i didnt buy it because i thought it sounded stupid, but had a gift vouvher spare and this literally leapt of the shelves into my arms/arse.

Anyway its great apart from one or two games which im sure have just been made up by the creators, as there seems to be no rhyme or reason to the rules at all and you either win or lose based on how the game is feeling, much like sex and your girlfriend/wifes mood. Ingenious, next generation AI.

EDIT* Ooh interesting, there appears to be an event this very evening to play this game, just couldnt make this stuff up.