passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

42 All-Time Classics / Clubhouse Games

Chinzon

I've only played this briefly, but already I'm pining for some wi-fi action. Most of the games are kinda redundant against the computer players, but still good fun. Darts is hard.

I suspect Hendo and I are the only ones who have bothered with this, but y'alll should get it because (about bloody time too, Nintendo) it's up to EIGHT PLAYER even on WFC. Need I go on?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Chinzon wrote:

Need I go on?

No, but I will!

I've changed the name of the thread to reflect both of the versions that people will be getting (otherwise it could get well confusing).

My best mate popped round and without having played the single player first, I dug out my old phat DS, and we played a load of games on local wireless single card thingy.

It's brilliant! Right off the bat, you don't get all of the games, some have to be unlocked in single player - and some are single player only (only a few, mind).

Later on, I played single player to unlock some games in Stamp mode. You have 3 empty stamps to fill in in order to progress to the next game, and you go through them all in order. Losing three times will give you enough stamps to carry on, or winning once. Cool thing though, is that say you have 2 stamps on one game, then you win on the third, the final stamp will go on that game, then the extra 2 will carry over to the next game.

Pictochat works exactly as you'd expect, but what happens online?

Well, you can chat to strangers (kind of). Basically, it gives you a handfull of pre-written phrases you can use - like "BRB!" "Good game!" "Eeek!" "Good luck!" and all manner of polite stuff. They've very cleverly made it impossible to insult your opponents.

Obviously, haven't tried it against friend code people yet, but as far as I'm aware the pictochat is in place.

So to the games....some are short blasts of fun, some I can see will be mammoth games.

If you've seen the long list of games and don't recognise many, that's probably because they are called something different round your way, or for legal reasons.

Example, Grid Attack? Why, it's Battle Ships! Oh yes.

Also, I Doubt It (a card game) is also known as Cheat, or in my school it was known as Bollocks.

Shit, this post is long....um, Darts is brilliant, so is Bowling, Chess....all the games work as you would expect. It only comes down to which games you prefer. Once you've understood the rules to a game you're not familar with, you have no problems.

Let me wrap up this hideously long post by saying, early indictaions from me are this game could well rival MK for online fun. Yep, fraid so!

Even if you didn't play it online (or multi at all) it's 20 notes!

Excellent value!

Well after a couple of days, figured it would be best to give you some of my favourite games.

Ludo, Grid Attack (aka, Battle Ships), Blackjack, Old Maid (aka, Chase The Ace), Spit, I Doubt It (aka, Cheat or Bollocks), Darts (fun but hard), Word Balloon (aka, Hang Man), Bowling and Balance.

That's just after a couple of days too! Not to say I hate the rest - it's just that either so far I haven't played them, haven't understood them, or it just isn't my thing.

Like, I really like Chess and understand it, and have played for years, but I always get whooped. For me, it's the board game of Metroid Hunters.

As I said to Chin and Centy, I really think this game would benefit from having a whole forum for it (like AC), but that's my opinion.

(And other than the name, no difference, Ura)

Heh heh sure Ludo's not your board game equivalent to MPH, Hendo? ;)

I agree with the games above, plus the poker games(both 5-card draw and Texas Hold 'em) are great too. Some, like dominoes or solitaire are just functional (can't really see us all playing dominoes on WFC - not for a few years at least)

The multiplayer does exactly what it says on the tin too - pictochat works a treat!

And if you want a quick (but pointless) game, you can play Soda Shake, which seems to be the odd one out.

Feels like it's escaped from WarioWare.

It's like a "pass the bomb" kind of thing.

And like Chin says, the pictochat is perfect. Once you're all in, the shoutbox and Games Room bits of this site can be disgarded.

And though Chin destroyed me on Ludo, I think it's my favourite so far. The game can sway in any direction. One minute you're about to win, then you're close to losing. I love it!

I've only given it a little go so far, mainly freeplay stuff like bowling & solitaire. And I've started on the stamp collection thingy. That Soda Shake game though doesn't really seem to fit here. Like Hendo says, it's really a WarioWare type game.

Ah, sorry about that Phooey.

I dabbled with the idea of people putting their codes in their profiles, but meant to take thatdown. Will put your code up in the proper place, and get rid of that profile thing.

Anyway, get your ass on Ludo, though I warn you, Chin loads the dice.

:(