passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum

Sambob

Ive put in about 10 hours so far. Obviously this outing is very similar to all other Pokemon games on the handheld systems which may put some people off but Im of the opinion if it aint broke...

My battle with the second gym leader (Gardenia?) is the exact reason why I love Pokemon, the battles can be very rewarding. Gardenface is a grass abuser, so all her Pokemon are of that type. Problem is, I have only 4 Pokemon in my squad that im using and two are now water types (since my Bidoof evolved into a Bibarel, then he became Normal/Water which was annoying). So it was tough going without any fire/flying/poison moves.

So i had to keep fucking off, levelling up, coming back, getting whooped untill i was strong enough to beat her. It sounds like a chore but the sense of achievement was huge when that last Headbutt from my Bibarel knocked her Roserade right the fuck out.

I'm about where you are ill. The appeal for me really seems to be in catching and evolving (or trading), i'm not saying there's nothing to the fights, far from it and i'm sure there'll get more complex later on, but at the minute it's just a matter of working out who's strong against what and swapping them in.

Case in point, I beat that boss because, even though all my mons were about level 14 (bar my evolved Turtle thing, sorry havent got the DS infront of me) I got a fire monkey off the GTS (the starter one) and he did a lot of the work for me, when he wasnt being a cunt and ignoring me :P

I am enjoying it, it's really addictive, but I'm not sure I could be arsed with another version of basically the same game, maybe a console version, but I think this will be my one and only DS version

knowing me, i most likely say yes to pokemon battle revolution, bein the pokefreak i am, but the adventures are different on the generation consoles, u go round nicking other peoples pokemon, i missed out on XD, do i probs get it, plus its online!

I won't be going for Battle Revolution. It doesn't interest me in the slightest.

Anyways, I found this tip on another forum.

If you want to evolve a Pokemon that you need to trade, eg. Kadabra > Alakazam, you don't need to actually arrange with someone to take it from you via the online trading and then send it back. Here's the easy way:

1. Put the Pokemon up on the GTS.

2. Ask for a Pokemon that you'll never get (i.e. Bidoof lvl 100)

3. Take your Pokemon back.

4. It will evolve.

Guest adi

ive been looking up other glitches in the game, can anyone confirm this

In DP theres a cloning glitch: when you save and then change the hour in ds, and reload the save... the save file is the previous and your team pokemon are the same from the last time you saved but the box pokemon are the ones of the previous savefile.

yea me 2 lol

Is anyone having trouble with the GTS atm, it keeps gettin a communication error n kicks me out, and i cant deposit a pokemon now, i did 1 b4 n it just took it, havnt got it bk or a trade bk :S

EDIT: chingling appeared back now, strange...

It's a shame they didnt include a browse option in the GTS. You should be able to scroll through all those people that want something you have, you may not be actively seeking to trade, but the right deal could tempt you.

I've been playing it for about 24 hours now (unless thats counting the time the DS was in sleep mode) and tbh i'm getting a little bored. The trading, levelling and evolving are as much fun as any other rpg, it's always fun to get some new moves and test out a new character. But the rest of it I could leave quite frankly. I dont hate it by any means, but neither am I falling in love with it

just done the fifth gym I think, the ghost one. Ive noticed that so far I havnt yet been beaten by a Gym leader, which is something that happens at least once in every game. Ive always managed to somehow win, altough on the last leader I had do revive my kadabra four times using some pokemon as bitches to switch in, take the hit, and revive kadabra.

Still not been able to use the GTS yet as I cant get the details to connect to my livebox. Im going to try that post a trade and then take it back thing though, to evolve my Kadabra which badly needs evolving. I might do it with all my mons so that they level up quicker.

I got hold of this the other day (pearl version) it came earlier than i expected, so the missus has my DS (dammit!) Have given it a few hours bash on a mates DS and as an old school poké-nut im loving it!! Havent got any badges yet, but im training up my 'mon...

Will have a friend code soon, oh does anyone know at what point you can upload 'mon form previous versions? im assuming it was like the previous two games where you have to beat the elite four first...

You have to beat the eilte four and also earn the national (poke)dex. You do this by seeing all of the pokemon in the game. All you need to do is see them, by fighting or pairing with them. I beleive that you can see whichever legendary isnt yours by asking an old woman somewhere and she has a picture which counts to your pokedox.

As i understand it, this is the only way to do it still at least you dont have to catch them all which would be a major bummer.

OK, I can't stop playing this now. pokemon is so addictive. I'm really enjoying it. Pretty much everything is improved, but I really hate the fact that pokemon still use screechy 8-Bit sounds.

Out of interest, do I have to do evelry rank in the pokemon fashion thing (in the town with the 3rd gym badge)? I've done one of them, and it is without the most tedious fucking thing i've ever been asked to do in my life