passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum

Sambob

I think we have just been using the news thread for impressions so I have done this little monsieur to have a proper go.

Okay as a player of the old generation I find that the new graphical view is quite good actually. I keep thinking im playing worms 3d sometimes but it needed an update.

There is more of a storyline to this one it seems, as I think Nintendo had the idea of bringing new players to the game and the story works quite well at leading you into the game.

I only have three pokemon so far and went with the fire starter after trying out all three and restarting as I usually do with the games. I really like the switch to nightime mode on this, I know it was on Gold and Silver and also ruby/sapphire etc but it works great on this one, the towns look awesome at night and the pokemon you can catch change and suit the nightime. Ive not played much of it but my first impression is that this has so far lived up to my expectations and I will be playing it at every opportunity.

have you tryed the online trading yet? i wish they had something like that on the old games, its going to make the trading so much easyer im hoping,

does anyone knwo how backward compatable it is, the thing that lost me after gold/silver was you couldnt trade with older games

All the info is in the news and previews thread about the game, its compatible with ruby,sapphire,emerald, fire red, and leaf green, although I havnt yet tried it because im not at that stage in the game. I think Ed said he had a go and it worked fine though.

i love pokemon but is it just me, but does it seem slow paced than the other games, im sittin here most the time waitin for the text to finish, also the 3d version is nice but needs a bit of gettin used to

I think I'm gonna order this on Saturday, but with the popularity of the games, I get the impression it'll take ages to come. Oh well, I should probably care more about my exams anyway.

Now that I played it for a bit, it time for my opinion. It's good. Very good. It's seem a bit slow to me, the whole game and not just the battles. Also, the towns looked weird to me at first but I'm used to them now.

Also,for those interested, my friend code is 1375 3714 0209 (name Phil).

I'm still very early in the game, and it's my first proper attempt at a pokemon game. Have to say though I am quite enjoying it, all my 'mons are rubbish at the minute, I'd be better just fighing on my own.

Still it all seems pretty fun, and I've resisted the temptation to name all my pokemon after genitals... for now

I've been playing this for a little while now, and it's my first traditional Pokemon game. I went for Pearl as it seemed the least popular choice at the time of ordering, and still is from what I've read. From what I've played so far, I wish I'd tried out some of the earlier incarnations. I don't know how they have passed me by! Being a poken00b, I was glad they took a hold-your-hand approach at the beginning, it gave me a chance to get into the game and have a vague idea of what to do next. The Poketch on the touch screen is pretty cool, and extra's get added to it as you progress through the game. The main menu is also very easy to navigate, and I like being able to set the Y button to use a dedicated option. Every game should have a save anywhere option, and I'm glad that this does.

Anyways, I currently have two gym badges, and am at Veilstone City. I've been spending a fair bit of time leveling various characters up, being new to Pokemon, I don't really know which is best for what, but I'm getting by. I started out with Turtwig, who has now evolved into Torterra. I've checked out the GTS, and now have the other two starters. The WiFi battling is decent, too. I had a battle against James earlier, and it seems to work really well.

Thumbs up from me, it's hard to tear yourself away once you start playing!

Ok i have one question that is the entire basis as to wether i buy this or not. Can you move in whatever direction you want as i had a go on someones Red/Blue a few years ago and got pissed off by the north west south east movement system that i handed it back in about 5 mins has that gone or does it remain?

Strange as it is thats actually enough to put me off it to be honest maybe i'll give it a go on someone elses or something or just buy it hope for the best then ebay it.

Basically i played it after the joy of the GBA Zelda and its excellent controls and pokemon just irritated me i like walking diagonally dammit

So far Im loving Diamond! I haven't played as much as I've wanted to, but Im gonna do some serious playing over the next week. As far as the graphics go, the walkabout bits don't look half bad, I like the tree's. The battle graphics could of been a whole lot better, I really wasn't impressed! They kinda look scrappy at best, but saying that it doesn't really detract to much from the game or the charm. The WIFI bits they've added are great, the GTS (Global Trade System) is a top idea, posting a pokemon up with what you want to swap for is a really good idea, trading is so much easier, as there's tons of JAP players getting rid of poke's

This is my first proper pokemon game, I played either yellow or red back in the days of the GBC, but it got nicked when I was only half way through, so Im looking forward to all the battles to come

My ChimChar will scratch ya eye's out! Then burn ya sorry butt...

Friend Code Diamond: 4768 3962 2385

Just gone online for the first time with my pokemanz (Friend Code: 4596 5985 1233 Version: Pearl some admin please add me to the list)

I dont know what to say about this game. On one hand it shows tons of improvements and I havent been able to put it away since I got home yesterday afternoon. On the other hand I see lots of places that needed/deserved improvement but didnt get any.