DS Homebrew thread

Hendo

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Right it was my homebrew game of the week on the 06 Podcast so im bigging it up in this thread just to point out its greatness.

Basically its a game that started out as a Mod of WarCraft 3 on the PC and has been ported over by a very talented coder and is in my mind the most full feeling example of Homebrew it feel almost like a proper commercial game and by the time it is finished it will probably be better than alot games we see. Below are some screenies and a link to the homebrew download which may need DLDI patching to work depending on your device.

screenshot_title.pngscreenshot_ingame2.jpg

Here is a Cut down version of the game playable in your browser through the magic of flash and java

Here is a link to the developers site where you can look at more screenshots and download the game and more maps.

If you are telling someone you only bought a homebrew device to play homebrew and not roms then there is no better demonstration in my eyes that the homebrew scene can keep up with the pro's and showing this game will seriously shut them up.

The next step in DS homebrew is the PS3 controller :D well close its a small card or pak that uses a 3axis system of motion detection for the prices and homebrew apps im seriously considering this but have a look for yourself.

DS Motion

ds_motion_card_close.jpg

Obviously i'll be waiting for the slot-2 pak to be released as i have a slot-1 solution but the prices look ok as seen Here

stu wrote:

that is seriously cool!

the potential of that product is mind blowing, Nintendo MUST be working on an official version...

I wouldnt have thought so if they are they will build it into games that will use it and whack 5 quid onto the price of them or alternatively put out DS Lite v1.1 with it built in. Still it looks like a lovely bit of kit to compliment alot of homebrew.

mynameis wrote:

holy fuck, just saw the vidoes on that site, fucking ingenious

I just hope Nintendo take this aboard, and hopefully develope some good games for this

Then we might see Warioware Twisted Finally :woohoo:

As theGba version was nerver released here :-(

*fingers Crossed*

I'm stuck for a homebrew game to mention in the podcast this week as nothing has really kept me away from Ouendan or EO so i might mention the DS motion thing looks like its going to be a packed show as it is so best to keep it short.

If you're short on Homebrew conversation then Check the Wikipedia page: Link, did you know that dslinux has a web browser in it. Theres also a decent list of games at the bottom of the page. Check it out.

mynameis wrote:

decided to try out Beup. But it doesnt seem like it wants to connect?

It stops connecting at "Acquiring host info from DHCP"

Did you get Beup from the links in my post? or elsewhere, also how are you connecting to the net Wifi Router or USB dongle?

SlyEnemy 2.0 wrote:

Thought these may be of interest. Not tried any yet, but I shall :)

http://www.modojo.com/features/20060811/10..._ds_homebrew/4/

Good Find Sly! I've been wanting some new homebrew stuff.

Touch me Im famous looks great, reminds me of yoshi island type graphics but its a music game

Touch Me (I'm Famous) is a combination of a shooting and rhythm game that includes some dreamy 2D graphics and enemies a certain plumber in red has grown very familiar with. The game is played while holding the DS vertically, similar to Brain Age and players tap enemies with the stylus according to the beat of the background music.

No Place to Hide! Seems worth a look too

My personal favorite of all the independent games I encountered is definitely No Place to Hide! The game is a collection of ten mini-games varying from a Zelda clone to a Dance Dance Revolution style game featuring none other than Jesus himself. With many other creative games and WiFi support that showcases the games high scores on the developer's website, this title is as impressive as anything I've seen on the DS, and as outrageously creative to boot.

I'll have to check em out, hope its DLDI compatible and I can find a DLDI patched version, coz I can't patch stuff atm (mac issues)

moggymatt wrote:

No Place to Hide! Seems worth a look too
My personal favorite of all the independent games I encountered is definitely No Place to Hide! The game is a collection of ten mini-games varying from a Zelda clone to a Dance Dance Revolution style game featuring none other than Jesus himself. With many other creative games and WiFi support that showcases the games high scores on the developer's website, this title is as impressive as anything I've seen on the DS, and as outrageously creative to boot.

I'll have to check em out, hope its DLDI compatible and I can find a DLDI patched version, coz I can't patch stuff atm (mac issues)

IT doesnt have DLDI and i couldnt get it to work past the menu on my R4

I found this site not sure how much stuff will be R4 or M3 compatible but the games look pretty awesome beware though the site goes down alot.

Tassu's DS homebrew