DS Homebrew thread

Hendo

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Got ya Theme good work m8. I love the Top Screen picture. I wasn't too keen on the Icons at first, but they're growing on me! The only thing is its hard to see the file list's on the Top screen , but there's nothing you can do about that, and I can always look at the bottom to see what Im loading. The Bottom screen is fine, apart from I'd maybe get rid of the grey bar under the load window thingy(version window?) doesn't quite look right or perhaps make it taller as the writing is up to the edge. Anyways thats my 2pence. I Look forward to more!

I think i'm being a special case but how do you change the skins?

video encoding is all go,bit tricky as you need about a million things on there to make it work, but now have some peep show and family guy on my ds, quality is fine, massively compressed but it's on a tiny screen anyway, mines a bit dark but may be due to having a ds phat with no option to change brightness. One prob I had trying to sorta movie is that it said it had cmpleely done it, was about 125meg in size so i figured the whole movie was there but it only played about the first 10 seconds on a permanent loop.

I probably buggered the setting s tho

pickled wrote:

I think i'm being a special case but how do you change the skins?

Just press select on the Main icon menu on the R4, Just make sure you got the folders set right i.e /root/_SYSTEM_/THEMES/THEME01 etc. It Should work fine then. Also the homebrew pack I posted about earlier has loads of good DPG tools and info on setting/encoding, hope it helps.

EDIT: Centy I now love the buttons, Didn't see how glassy they were on my phat DS!! keep up the good work!

Also If your into comicbookDS here's agreat site to get the free/illegal comics LINKY

I'd recommend the Heroes Sci-Fi channel official comic, If you watch the show, you can't afford to miss it!

moggymatt wrote:

Centy I now love the buttons, Didn't see how glassy they were on my phat DS!! keep up the good work!

Yeah not to sound mean but it wsnt designed with a phat in mind next one will be fine of both. Also another homebrew gem thats perfect for annoying the shit out of people.

The leek song :D

Hendo wrote:

Hmmm, wasn't sure where else to post this, but here we go.

Naughty homebrew

Not that kind of naughty, more the kind of naughty that might not be safe for work, or small children.

Someone's been on Digg :D yeah i saw that i already had the virus one its actually a great puzzler

heh cheer's for the links for that 'dirty' homebrew Hendo!

Im really loving ComicBookDS at the moment its really good once you get your Zoom levels right. Reading the 'Heroes' Online comic is ace, if you watch the Sci-Fi channels program its well worth checking out you can get all the comics so far in .cbds format so there's no messing from HERE

I've also got a working version of BeUp now (Msn Client) It works without a hitch* and you can now use emoticons and Avatars. You can get it HERE tongue.png

*As long as you connect through a Router not the Nintendo USB Dongle

LOL! I love that Lame Song thingy its sorta catchy in a weird banging your head against a wall kinda way. pinch.png

R4 - HOMEBREW Compatability List + Links

EDIT:Btw 90% of links I post for homebrew won't need to be patched, as I have trouble patching on my ibook.

I just stumbled across this little gem, it's called Everlasting Love. It's a rhytm based 2D platformer. Using monochrome graphics in a Six Golden Coins style, you basically have to jump to the beat to progress through the level. The closer to the beat, the higher you jump. Jumping off-beat means you don't jump as high, which is essential if you're to finish the game. Whilst in the air, you can move your character with left/right.

It's only a one level game at the moment, but I hope it will be expanded upon.

Everlasting Love is a combination between a 2D platformer and a rhythm game, where you have to adjust your jumps using the music.

The song played during game, Everlasting Love, is taken from the original soundtrack of We ♥ Katamari.

Info: HERE.

Controls: HERE.

Download: HERE.

Possible homebrew GotW? :)

Downloading now Retro, though I haven't had much look with Homebrew since I got the R4, nothing seems to work :| And the ones that do are rubbish. Like DS Organise... And that Beup MSN Chat thing that doesn't want to connect.

Edit: Downloaded both Skins Centy and they're sweet as! So much better than the packaged tat. More! More!

Edit: Fuck me Retro, that game is well hard! I got 686 jumps, but I finally did it. JESUS.