passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Puzzle Quest

Hendo

• 2 weeks later...

It is quite addictive this isnt it :lol: I failed against the training knight a couple of times, but I think that was a good thing, as I'm now spending far more time planning moves, looking for chains that I started off doing

Edit: I am already getting a bit tired of the computers luck

I may sound like a deluded PQ fanboy (I've been called worse, so I'll let it slide) but I've noticed far more luck on my side than the AI's.

Yeah, there's times when the computer gets loads of extra turns seemingly from nowhere, but I've noticed far more times where there will be a guaranteed 4-in-a-row move staring me in the face, but he goes for a 3 green move instead when he doesn't even need them for a spell.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I've been playing this again recently, I'd forgotton that it actually has a story and was just wandering around picking fights.

The computer really does cheat though, I know the guy denied it but it can definately see the next row off screen, if not more. Usually once per battle it'll turn down an attack so it can bring more damaging stuff onto the screen, maybe even resulting in another go. The most annoying thing is when it makes a suggestion, as more often than not it's actually asking you to self harm. You sit back and watch as 2 skulls drop onto the screen setting the computer up nicely for an attack. Twat

Other than that though it's really good :)

The computer really does cheat though, I know the guy denied it but it can definately see the next row off screen, if not more. Usually once per battle it'll turn down an attack so it can bring more damaging stuff onto the screen, maybe even resulting in another go. The most annoying thing is when it makes a suggestion, as more often than not it's actually asking you to self harm. You sit back and watch as 2 skulls drop onto the screen setting the computer up nicely for an attack. Twat

Other than that though it's really good :)

Definitely agree with you there. I played the DS version up till the final bad guy, and he would constantly wipe the floor with me by getting 7 or 8 turns in a row after turning down an attack, purely with stuff that dropped in.

And does anyone understand what causes you to get a free turn just from matching 3? He'd get them all the time. :angry:

And does anyone understand what causes you to get a free turn just from matching 3? He'd get them all the time. :angry:

It's just blind luck... you can increase your chances by improving your stats and using certain items, but you'll never get as many as the computer.

• 4 months later...

I picked this back up on XBLA to battle against Dante, but we couldn't play against each other because of some issue with me having the expansion and him not so I started up a character from scratch.

I might well go the whole hog and play through the whole thing again as it does seem to be my go-to game where I can just slink back into it.

I'm right at the end of the expansion with my main character and the boss is an absolute c u next tuesday.

• 10 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...