passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Puzzle Quest

Hendo

I agree. Although, ONM don't. They have given the game 56%, saying The genre-mixing is a nice enough idea but you end up with an exhausted puzzler with some pretty flimsy RPG elements tacked on. It feels a little flat.

Good stuff this.

Although somewhat baffling at times, I can't really work out what's happening with the spells and shit and some points, but aye, it's bejwelled so it's going to be great.

It's a shame there isn't a mode where you can just play away and not have to worry about the potions and spells and armour and all that....

You can, kind of.

When you see the menu screen, instead of choosing Quest, go for Instant Action (!) and then all you do is puzzle battle.

But I'm guessing what you mean is just the puzzling and none of the other crap?

To be honest, that would just make it a standard puzzle game though wouldn't it? There's plenty of them around and I like that you have a point to playing now, with the levelling up and getting new stuff.

Right this is now firmly at the top of my to buy list surpassing pokemon and anything else ive been playing the PC demo and its bloody ace and now i cant wait to have a miniature version to fuck about with damn you hendo.

:)

I'm level 29 now and absolutely loving it.

There's so much depth to it, and you have to see how much I'm enjoying it by the fact that it's a turn-based strategy game at heart and you know me and turn-based games.

Not updated this in a while, but doesn't mean I haven't been playing it every damn day.

I am currently a level 34 warrior riding around on a level 20 giant rat.

I'm using a nifty weapon that gives me health back everytime I inflict damage on my opponent, and all of this means I am kicking medieval ass.

Game of the year!

totally addicted to this now.

wasn't convinced at first, but by George, has it got that something!

I'm a level 16 Knight, I've got everything for my Citidal, I've seiged 1 venue, got 2 mounts, 3 companions, and basically I'm kicking arse!

The way the game opens up and really forces to think about every move you make, often 2 or 3 goes in advance, along with the timed rounds to improve skills and mounts, is fantastic!

DS Game of the year!

I've been playing the Demo of this on the PC solidly since it came out. It maxes out at Level 7 but there's a fair chunk of content to whet my appetite. I'm loving the upgrading of cities, and the way they've integrated the weapons/armour of an RPG into a puzzle. I really do not understand that ONM review, you'd think that at a bargain price and with the addictive short-term play of the puzzles (For bus journeys, etc) and the longetivy of a fully-fledged RPG (For the sitting at home late at night), this is mana from fucking heaven (Is that Blue or Green?).

Absolutely superb stuff. I've played as the 4 different classes up to Level 7 to give myself a feel of what I'll enjoy playing when I do get it on DS, but I whole-heartedly agree with the DS Game Of the Year! remarks. It's certainly the game I've been most excited about, on any console, in a hell of a long time. And at budget price! Fuck me.

It only gets deeper, Sly.

The spells you can use, the weapons and items you can use - they all get better and stronger.

Take the usual RPG asignment of level points and stats - this game utilises them in the same way a normal RPG would. The only difference is you're playing Bejewelled instead of watching an avatar striking a sword.

It starts off as a clunky puzzle game with what feels like a tacked on RPG system, but it really starts heating up when you get a feel for what's going on.

The only improvements I could ask for is single card download play and the obvious online games.

Yeah i love it because it feels exactly like an extended Fire Emblem but instead of head crunching battles its a puzzle so a more its more Fire Emblem Lite as it were and just as addictive Sly have you managed to take a city in the pc demo at level 7 they are bastard hard. I love the demo so much i actually bought the PAL version of the game just to get it quickly because movietyme werent shipping it fast enough Stu and hendo are right it is like crack and i need a fix dammit.

Yeah the lack of single card play is annoying i can imagine but when you think about it it would be more fun playing against someone who has worked on their character like you have more of a good battle that way rather than a walk over.

Sweet but they are also working on a Warlords game (the universe PQ is based on) for the DS which will be a strategy game of sorts. Can you tell ive been through their forums a couple of times :)