passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Super Smash Bros. Melee

stu

Wow.

Not many rants about games can start with a simple 3 letter word. But this one does.

For Nintendo fans, this has everything.

The chance to smack Jigglypuff.

The joy of having Mario knock Luigi out.

In fact, over 20 of Nintendos mascots are availible in this stunning beat 'em up.

But then I say beat 'em up, but don't go thinking this is anything like SF11 or Mortal Kombat, because it ain't!

Following on from the awesome formula created in the N64 original, SSB:M pits you and 3 combatants into a lush environment, and allows to to beat the shit out of each other. The more hits you take, the higher the percentage you will get knocked off the stage, and thereby lose.

You can use special "smash" moves that cause even more damage.

As for modes, there are tons, you have a simple battle mode, an adventure mode that sees you tackling a 2d platformer, a zelda dungeon, an f zero race...

then the bonus games, target being the best.

It's one of the best multiplayer games ever made, get a couple of mates over and bang, there goes your evening.

And lastly (well, for this rant, theres still tons of stuff) the trophies you can collect showing off Nintendos amazing history.

All in all, one of the best GC games you can buy, and lets just hope the Wii version is just as good, if not better :)

I LOVE this game!

I bought the guide for this and really tried hard to unlock everything - it'll take you a while to say the least!

I had to play this on single player mostly as I only ever found 2 of my friends that liked it, most just wouldn't touch it as it looked too weird - as in the fighting system.

On the stats screen it tell you how much time you racked up, and I'm tempted to whack it back on and have a look but I think was quite a while.

The guys from Fire Emblem were my favourite characters to use mainly becuase I was a pussy and loved charging up the sword attack. No-one comes back from that bad boy!

I was Fox Mcloud (as i was in the 64 version) but after a while i diversified and became a jack of all trades. I now dabble with Mr Game & Watch, Yoshi, Ness (a particular favorite) and Princess Peach.

Smash is a hell of a game, and if Brawl is online Im going to be fighting yall motherfuckers till i die of lack of sleep.

I was always Link or little link when i played the game never got into the Cube game as much as the N64 game depite it being superior in everyway.

My best memories of both games were my mates pausing it when pikachu did the lightning attack so it looks like hes having an orgasm :laugh:

I cracked this open again last night and wow. I'd forgotten quite how good this game is. I'll need to get my friend round who unlocked a few of the tricky ones that I origonaly couldnt get open.

I'll show you mine if you show me yours :D

i dont think you have to play multiplayer to unlock the extra characters, i think its just quicker (if memory serves) e.g. if it takes 200 hours of gameplay to unlock Mewtwo, then it'll take 100 hours of 2 player, 50 hours of 3 player, 25 of 4 player...

...My favourite aspect of this game? The ending credits!!

Such a brilliant idea making it into a little shooter so you can blast all the people who made the game!

Thats the worst part, when you have to sit through millions of names as they scroll up the screen :laugh:

One trick is to set up VS games with one hit kills and play the CPU. It'll be dull as hell but you'll soon rack up a massive ammount of games.

I think I did it the hard way though, all those tests and whatnot.

I had this played it, hated it! (mainly coz no-one would play it multi) got Rid! and now I really want it, wish I'd never swapped it, and can't get it anywhere in the shop's, I snuffed it for so long it's having it's revenge! oh well *sobs*