passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

PS3 Home

Hendo

http://www.gametrailers.com/umwatcher.php?id=47249

So, it gets unveiled, and I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say it actually looks really cool.

This is a possible Live beater, and rather than copy the Mii idea, it seems to be more of a Sims rip-off with dashes of MMO stuff.

Unfortunately, it does make the Mii system look even more basic (features wise, not looks wise) than it did before, so Nintendo are gonna have to see this as a kick up the arse in both Mii integration and online support.

Am I the only one who is impressed?

yeah very impressive, apart from the fact that they will be charging for stuff in the online store. Definitly a nice idea though.

aye, this does look awesome.

i've already decided i really want a PS3, but this just makes me want one even more. just wish i could afford one, trying to talk the gf into letting me pay her back if she gets one ;)

gotta say this makes the whole mii thing look well, shit for want of a better word.

Im starting to worry about the wii, and where it wants to be, im now thinking it simply cant cater for the hardcore ninty fan/gamer AND the casual mum/girl/older person...

gonna be a fascinating couple of years methinks.

It actually looks good though some of it seems a bit pointless(dancing) or potentially pointless(building your private area if all users have the same items and you can't unlock special items).

Finally something good on the ps3. Congrats Sony.

It's in closed beta at the mo, Jimbo, then maybe open to all later in the year.

Although they've taken a load of currently existing stuff, it's cool that they've put it together in a fairly unique way.

Makes other online systems look a bit techy and un-friendly to most people, I'd say.

if you want a PS3 get one quick, there is talk of removing the emotion chip from it. Also I believe you can get one from japan for under 300 nicker, and I also believe it is region free.....

I'll keep an eye on it myself, the console certainly has potential, the sheer power of it is also very impressive, if a bit too hard to program for.

Im still a firm believer that the PS3 will fall flat on its arse this time round. There aint many exclusive games cos sony didnt bother to sign em up before touting that they were PS3 only - Virtua Fighter for example.

Okay, im not completley against it, and im not just being all fanboyish about it, but unless sony completly change theyre support and ideas the PS3 wont last as long as its predecessors.

Personally i'd think of getting one if they wer uber cheap, but even then the 360 will be cheaper. If it comes to it, id buy a 360 cheaply as the only games i really want to play are Resi 5 and Metal Gear Solid...

which should appear on the 360 before long.

Cor, cheer up Shin! :laugh:

That PS3 home thing did look quite good I must admit, not jaw dropping but quite good. Its a nice idea, one of the long line of Sony rip-offs but why break tradition?

I would like a PS3 but I stand on my moral high ground - Im not paying £400 plus for a console.

Im not sure about what to do regarding PS3 or 360 either. I was always dead against the PS3 just because its Sony and it ripped off a few things and I think its kind of arrogant to ask that much money for a console, but I am looking forward to the games like final fantasy 13etc. On the other hand 360 will have resi 5 sooner, the awesome Fable 2 and banjo three-ie. Either way I will def save up for one more console as well as the Wii, I just need some awesome games to make me a bit more proud to have the Wii, It looks like its currently got the weakest online set-up going, with zero games and the most limited of the interfaces. I was kinda hoping that the PS3's system would suck but it seems PS3 home is looking quite good.

illdog wrote:

That PS3 home thing did look quite good I must admit, not jaw dropping but quite good. Its a nice idea, one of the long line of Sony rip-offs but why break tradition?

I would like a PS3 but I stand on my moral high ground - Im not paying £400 plus for a console.

exactly.

And yes this big old interactive world may look good, but think about it... all PS3 users in one area?

To me that spells loads of prepubescent kids running round posing as adults screaming "OMG I TEH PWNZ LOZORZ!!!"

The Mii's may look bad now, but at least its more personal in a unique kinda way. Besides would some of the celebrity Mii's look as funny if they looked realistically like theyre live counterparts? I think not

I think Nintendo were onto something quite funny and quirky with the Mii system and as such it works really well, they appear in games, you see Hendo catching a ball destined for a home run, while micheal jackson fumbles a high shot like it was a child. Thats really funny and innovative, along come Sony and make it realistic and take the idea as their own and just ruin it. It annoys me because Sony are like a small child just stealing ideas and actually making shit loads of money from it. If they would just come up with their own ideas then I wouldnt actually mind paying loads of money for a console, but thats the main reason why I havent rushed out to buy one yet.

It's not really stealing the Mii idea though - customisable avatars in games have been around for donkeys. This is just taking it to the next level after The Sims, Second Life, WoW, etc.

I can see this being huge.

They also say you don't have to do any of that if you just want a game - you can just jump into a game if you want.

Aye, but to be fair, there wasn't anything worth caring about with the machine back then.

Other than the massive power of the thing, and that's never big on my priorities.

Bringing this back to the Wii, I think that this may only affirm Nintendo's stance that you play on the Wii for a certain type of game (short bursts of 'wacky' shit) and leave the big boys to the big games.

This isn't a bad thing, that's how I like my games now (personally) and look what the 'wackiness' did for the DS.

sambobjammin wrote:

Im not sure about what to do regarding PS3 or 360 either.

Well i've had my 360 since last november and i now regret getting it. I can't afford to get any games, the games i was really looking forward to (oblivion, phantasy star universe and dead rising) turned out to be big disapointments, there are some good games out for it, but there is nothing i'm really excited about until blue dragon which will prob be 2009 by the time they translate it. I'm still going to keep it though, i've made my bed so i'll lie in it

wiivo wrote:

There is now? :huh:

Yep, I think the whole idea of the Home thing will put a lot of interest in the PS3's way, and it's a damn good idea.

Combine Sims, MySpace, YouTube, WoW + online gaming portal = license to print money.

This is the first thing I've seen of the machine that's made me go, "Damn! That's a good idea....".