passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon

Hendo

Thanks Hendo, you the man.

This is an odd game, but i generally find if it has Pokemon in the title i automatically like it.

****SPOLER ALERT******

When you first start a new file, it asks you a series of questions to determine the Pokemon you play as in the game. I answered honestly, and it seems im of a 'relaxed nature'. So my Pokemon representative is Psyduck. For those who dont know, he's one of the dopiest Pokemon there is. I love him as a character but I was a little insulted!

The you get to pick a partner and name him. I picked my favorite Pokemon, Bulbasaur and called him Jim.

You then set out on your first mission, rescueing a baby Caterpie that had wriggled free of mother Butterfree's grasp. This involves walking round a fairly dull map with three tiers and pressing A when you confront an enemy untill you find Caterpie at the bottom level.

After you return Caterpie to his mummy, much jollyness ensues. Jim and I returned to our club house and Team Base, where i was able to name my Rescue Team and save for the first time.

Next mission: Find Magnemite. Larger levels. 6 tiers. Press A. It better have more to it than this.

I know Wi Fi can be used to to Rescue a Friend, but i dont know how it works (Die BT fuckers, Die).

Onto the game tho, i think im two hours in now and things are picking up. Its a bit more tactical than it first seems and the addition of being able to link two moves together and then set them into a button combo is a great idea.

For example, if you link Tail Whip (lowers defence) and Scratch (physical attack), you weaken the opposition to make an average attack more powerful. And you can activate this little combo by pressing the L and A buttons together (or whatever you set it to).

The rescue requests are coming in a little faster now, im starting to like this...

This is an annoying little cunt of a game, angry gamers be warned.

Some rescue missions require you to take a 'client' with you, a gay pokemon who wants to be re-united with his lover and cant wait for you to rescue him and bring him back to the Pelliper Post Office (christ).

This 'client' is always at level 1, so he's weak as fook. Problem is, the more into the game you go, the deeper the dungeons and the more powerful the rogue Pokemon are that wonder around. It makes for a good tacticle battle, making sure when your attacked that your team mates formation is such that it shields the client. But sometimes, when entering a long, thin corridor that only allows single file, you can be attacked from behind. And if the client is last in line, its light out. A mission failure results in a loss of some items you are carrying and ALL your money - very harsh.

Also, when you appear on a new level of a dungeon, its not uncommon to appear in such away that your client is stood next to a rogue Mon - and its lights out if your not quick enough. This can happen 10 levels down into a dungeon, and if you hear a howl about 9.45pm last night, it was me.

Big brother ill, you’ve got to help me dog, how the hell do I link moves in this game? I know you have to visit that green lump in the town centre but whenever it comes down to linking moves (I want to hook up Growl and Scratch) he just links up all 3 (all the ones I have) so it becomes a piss poor mess of growling, scratching and burning which uses up all of the PP points. Not even the manual makes it clear on this!

And in case you were wondering…

charmander.jpg

Thats it mate, ive got mine linked to L + A aswell. Ive recently learnt Confusion, and i set that to L + A instead cos its well powerfull, but i didnt find it immediately clear either.

Massive love/hate relationship with this game. I hate it when i play it but i want to play it when im not.

illdog wrote:

Well thats me out i think if im going to get the proper Pokemon game then im going to be annoyed enough but i suppose my blood pressure can take 1 more for the team.

Well thats me out i think if im going to get the proper Pokemon game then im going to be annoyed enough but i suppose my blood pressure can take 1 more for the team.

Yeah me too!!

Seeing as the endor level on Lego Starwars almost saw my DS being thrown violently against the wall.