passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Gaming Podcasts

Phooey

Here at The Furry Broadcasting Corporation, we strive to bring you the best in furry related entertainment. Whether it be shows hosted by fellow furs, or productions for the furry masses, we host it all.

Currently the Freaky Furry Friends show has been updated...Dual Screen Radio will be played on Saturdays.

http://www.monroeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11396

:dry:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm really glad he's back as I love his shows. :) He's moved house hasn't he, so fingers crossed his shows will now be more regular.

What did everyone think about the latest episode of DSR & their awards? I quite enjoyed the show, but they talked over each other all the time (no fault of their own - time differences etc), but I suppose I'm spoiled with the 1up crew all being in the same room.

I haven't listened to any of the new Gaming Steve ones yet, Phoo. I have the latest one on my phone to listen to tomorrow if I have chance. :)

I enjoyed the latest DSR show,the Zelda review went on for a bit though.

There's some really good shows out there at the moment. I'm really enjoying One Life Left which I've gotten into recently, and Evil Avatar is great.

I've updated the Podcast list in the Links section, with all the ones that I listen to.

Don't think that I've listened to Evil Avatar before so I'll give that a quick go & I listen to One Life Left occasionally. I've just found another podcast (via a post on the Retro Gamer Magazine forums) called Retroforcego & I'm just downloading the latest episode now to see what it's like.

Oh & there's a new Retronauts episode now out...

With Street Fighter IV hype building, we get together for one last podcast for the year. Fisticuff experts James Mielke, Greg Ford, Ryan Scott and Richard Li join Jeremy Parish to talk about twenty years of fighting in the streets.

I'm not a fan of fighting games, so I might give this one a miss.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

IGN has a new Podcast series that has started, featuring the likes of Jeff Gerstmann and Dan Hsu.

GameSages Podcast, Episode 1

Dan Hsu, Francesca Reyes, Jeff Gerstmann, Will Tuttle and Jeremy Dunham in one place. Oh, and they talk about games too.

by IGN Editorial Staff

US, January 22, 2008 - Hello everyone! Welcome to our brand new topical podcast series (and the return of a classic company brand), IGN GameSages. The successor to our old, IGN is AFK podcast, GameSages is a weekly Internet show dedicated to discussing the latest trends, influences and software, GameSages reaches into the IGN family, and outside of it, to bring the industry's most experienced minds together for a good old fashioned gab-fest.

For our inaugural episode, GameSages host and IGN Games Editorial Manager, Jeremy Dunham sits down with an all-star cast of gaming editorial personalities. Former Gamespot Editorial Director, Jeff Gerstmann, EGM Editor-in-Chief Dan Hsu, OXM Editor-in-Chief Francesca Reyes and GameSpy Console Editor-in-Chief, Will Tuttle spends an hour or so chewing the fat about the year that was 2007 and what to expect in 2008. As an added bonus, they even answered a few listener-submitted questions to finish off the occasion.

Download it HERE.

ign-gamesages-episode-1-20080122040312797-000.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I've really been enjoying OLL recently & it was quite a shock to hear that they're moving to Eurogamer for the rest of the current season. The presenters do make me smile & I just love the reviews by Tahlia.

Hey Phoo!

I'm gonna move this to General, might as well use it for all podcasts too, so no need for the Retronauts or 1up Show ones.

A new Retronauts went up - right-click to download - the description goes something like this:

Celebrate Valentine's Day as Shane Bettenhausen and guest Christian Nutt share a tender moment with the love of their lives: Phantasy Star. (James Mielke, Jeremy Parish and Scott Sharkey co-star as the uncomfortable third wheels.)

I've been listening to one for a while called Joypod, it's two guys from the RLLMUK forum. I hated it at first and thought they were twats but I've come to look forward to their shows.

Ah yes, Elmo and Michael. I've listened to a couple and they're pretty good, not taking things seriously.

Sarcastic Gamer is a good one, 30mins US podcast. And I enjoy Evil Avatar Radio, also. GoNintendo is cool again now they've put retro music in the background, and bought a new mic. :)

Yeah I just have a clear out every now and then of podcasts I don't listen to anymore, then add in a couple of new ones.

I should try One Life Left.

Looking forward to the big debate this week on 1up Yours. I wonder how many stupid things Dennis Dyack will say?

I've just started listening to the latest Joypod & it's quite good isn't it, a bit like OLL in some respects. There are so many podcast out nowadays though, so it's difficult to know which take priority. My order of listening is:

1upyours - still the best.

EGM - getting better.

GFW - Very funny, especially the Second Life discussion a few episodes ago.

OLL - Good stuff, especially Tahlia's reviews.

Retronauts - Good, but they do sometimes talk over each other.

And then I just chop & change with a few others if I have the time.

It looks like DSR has completely disappeared now, although I don't visit the forums anymore, so there might be a reason for this.

Seeing as it's only us three that listen to 1up Yours every week, what do you two think of the current 4?

I still think as much as I hated Luke, the original 4 haven't been bettered for the camaraderie (I tried to think of a more suitable word) between them, and the love/hate relationship between Luke and Shane, or MS and Sony.

Mark would've been a brilliant stand in but he had to go and work for Kojima. :angry:

I don't think you'll ever beat the 'John, Luke, Shane & Garnett' combo. They were always hilarious, even if they did wind up each other something chronic. :laugh:

Bryan Intihar seems a fairly good chap & I'm a fan of Shawn Elliott from GFW, so it's all good stuff. I hope they stay with this quartet & give themselves a chance to settle in. I do like it when they have guests, especially N'Gai & that Flynn DeMarco was interesting to listen to last week.

Some new 1up podcasts this week due to GDC.

So far there's been two extra GFW Radio ones and two extra 1up Yours shows.

I don't listen to the GFW ones but I heard the first 1up Yours one with Lorne Lanning (creator of Oddworld) and the director of Uncharted and there was some food for thought in there on characters, plots, cut-scenes, the business side - loads of stuff worth listening to.

The latest one sounds good too:

Our second GDC show features Robert Bowling from Infinity Ward, discussing the success of Call of Duty 4 and the issues facing first-person shooters and the communities who love them.

Also a new Joypod came down, yay. :)