passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Gaming Podcasts

Phooey

More annoying contradictions on ListenUp this week.

A week or two ago it was, "WiiMotionPlus is not wanted or needed" after years of saying the opposite.

Last week they went through the announcement of Six Days in Fallujah as largely despicable and cynical and much too soon to be brought out, this week they talk about the fact that Konami have dropped it and suddenly that's a bad thing as companies need to be brave and see if games can follow other media with this sort of thing. Right.

However, the discussion on the new PSP was pretty good.

There's a new podcast now out called Mobcast.

Mobcast Episode 001

This is it, the debut episode of the Mobcast, a podcast that is destined to be described by iTunes commentators as "Five guys in a room? Really?" and "No 97.5 the Brodeo."

Our first show was recorded a bit over a month ago, during the Game Developers Conference, so pardon a few out-of-date references to the revolutionary telegraph machine. Aside from Dan 'Shoe' Hsu, who you'll hear on most episodes of Mobcast, special guests on Mobcast 001 include former EGM and 1UPers Mark MacDonald, Che Chou, Chris Johnston, Bryan Intihar, and Shane Bettenhausen. We also have Robert Ashley of A Life Well Wasted adding some additional commentary as the disembodied voice of God. Special thanks to Robert for handling production duties as well.

We could go into detail about the many topics this show actually covers, but we'd rather you stop reading and start listening!

http://bitmob.com/~bit/index.php/podcast/9...bcast-episode-1

Too. Many. Podcasts!

Nice one Phooey, I like Dan Hsu and haven't heard his voice for a while so shall be checking this one out. Good cast, too.

Also, Lono (previously of Sarcastic Gamer Radio), has gone alone and set up a new show called Respawn Radio with a couple others. It's the podcast for AchievementHunter apparently, and the first episode features the following. I haven't listened to it yet but I'll try to give it a try later.

• Introductrion to the show and its hosts.

• What's new on Achievement Hunter?

• Left 4 Dead Survival Mode

• Burnout Paradise Cops & Robbers DLC and AHTV Broadcast

• Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena

• Current drought in games: What is your go to game?

• iPhone/iPod Touch: Assassin's Creed Review

• Banjo-Tooie

• X-men Origins: Wolverine

• Red Faction demo

• Battlestations Pacific demo

• Personal thanks

• Shoot the messenger

iTunes | Download.

Mobcast was great. :)

Shane is back for this weeks Listen UP, too. :D

Billy Berghammer makes his Listen UP debut in a big way both hooking us up with an amazing studio to record the show in and taking pre-show and out-take videos you'll want to check out at G4tv.com. Shane comes back as well with his take on the FFXIII demo. We talk Split Second, Tiger Woods with Wii Motion Plus, E3 predictions and more.

Listened to the stream of Joypod last night (and called in :blush: ) with guest Garnett Fucking Lee and I have to say it was the best one they've done so far on Play Radio.

He had a proper rapport with David and Michael and it sounded like they were really enjoying it. MP3 should be available today of it.

• 4 weeks later...

Just seen http://thefanboys.com/ mentioned on RLLMUK.

Does anyone listen to The Fanboys 'Lunchcast'? At around 11 minutes in, their discussion on the Milo And Claire demo leads to a piece of genuine comedy gold.

www.thefanboys.com - Episode 68

I've had to stop listening to it this morning at work because I was practically crying attempting to stifle uncontrollable laughter.

I'll download and will try to fit it in today to see if it's as good as it sounds.

I'll give it a listen but I've done another clean sweep of my podcast feeds. Dropped Mobcast and Out Of The Game among others.

The only ones I genuinely look forward to now are just Giantbomb, Diggnation, Listen Up, Joypod, Co-Op - that's it I think.

The GiantBomb ones over E3 were really good, there was a woman on one who came across as a bit mental, but on the whole those guys make some really funny shows, seemingly without trying too hard.

I'll give it a listen but I've done another clean sweep of my podcast feeds. Dropped Mobcast and Out Of The Game among others.

The only ones I genuinely look forward to now are just Giantbomb, Diggnation, Listen Up, Joypod, Co-Op - that's it I think.

The GiantBomb ones over E3 were really good, there was a woman on one who came across as a bit mental, but on the whole those guys make some really funny shows, seemingly without trying too hard.

Can't believe you've dropped Mobcast and Out of the game!!!

They are quickly becoming a couple of my faves!!!

i download Bombcast but i usually end up deleting it.... they just seem to re-tread the same ground as all of the other gaming podcasts out there... am i missing something? Shoemakers' voice is wicked though.

i listen to Too many podcasts as it is but i hear good things about the Lunchcast too.

I found the Milo bit funny on the fanboys podcast, but wasn't too keen on the rest. Could have something to do with the sound, though. I listened to the latest Bombcast today which was really good, followed by the lates Idle Thumbs podcast which was as funny as ever.

Shame people who didn't "listen" live won't ever get to hear the Joypod episode from last night. So many technical problems where the phones went down, Skype went down, the hotkeys in the controls (for jingles and ad breaks) went down and then the stream kept dropping out so most of it wasn't heard. When you could hear it was sounding like Elmo was losing his mind. They had Iain Lee on and from the bits I could hear, he was regaling some stories of famous people that he thought were cunts, or Bittercast as someone on Twitter referred to it as.

They've pulled the show from the podcast feed and recorded something else instead to go up in their feed.

I'm glad I was there for the "lost" episode. :D

I don't listen to podcasts, apart from the house one, but since I've been a Destructoid 'follower' for quite a while now I've eventually got round to listening to their Podtoid. If its been mentioned and dismissed before then I apologise.

Anyway. The main 'host' who keeps things organized atleast is Anthony Burch who is actually pretty damn good at what he does, other contributers are okay but are mostly there for the banter, apart from Jim Stirling you seems to bound massively from being insightful to failed attempts at moronic humour. I think it's pretty good all in all, maybe something else to slot into your massive list of podcasts when you feel like a change.

Burch used to do a section in the podcast or a podcast of somekind called Rev's Rant but he has turned it into video thing so if you don't know who he is then this is the sort of thing he and the others come out with every now and then.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

So, Sharkey is on the latest ListenUp and the general consensus on RLLMUK is that he swears a lot, and is a bit of a cock. I'm yet to listen to it, will be today, but he has come across like that to me before. Apparently he leaves after whatcha been playin' or something though, so I will persevere.

They can be at times.

Well I listened to ListenUp today, and Sharkey was a bit of a prick throughout the first segment. It was strange that he just disappeared, I guess it got a bit too heated in there, but the rest of the show was definitely better for it without him. I too gained an extra bit of respect for David Ellis, he was on very good form and put across a lot of good points.

I thought he was alright, no worse than usual. I did think it was a bit odd that they never even mentioned he wasn't there until right at the end, must've been some kind of argument going on.

I've started listening to the NOWgamer podcasts, the site by Imagine, GTM's publisher.

There's a couple of GTM staff that appear on them. I'm not convinced so far, the host sounds like a cocky prick. He also has trouble letting people speak. Though, I'm only two in out of four and they're a couple of months old so maybe they improve.

• 3 weeks later...

GamerDork UK 05.5: A chat with Team 17

Our midweek show is upon us once again. This week we have a very special interview with John Dennis, design manager with Team 17 of Worms and Alien Breed fame. Ratso has a right old natter with him and even touches on the subject of Project Natal during the conversation. Catch the interview after we go over the weekly chart run-down, some site news and What We Will Be Playing.

I listened to this today, and Ratso's interview with John Dennis was really good. Definitely worth a listen if you don't already.

In other podcast news, Shawn Elliott will be on Joypod in a months time.