passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Gaming Podcasts

Phooey

New podcast from 1UP.

Join the at1UP crew for some behind-the-scenes stories and fun game discussion. For this inaugural episode Mike Cruz, Jade Kraus, Matt Shirk, and Travis Williams are joined by Mike Nelson to talk about Street Fighter IV, a little Resident Evil 5, 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand, and the upcoming Wondercon.

http://www.1up.com/do/blogEntry?bId=898200...cUserId=6026033

Does anyone here listen to Idle Thumbs? It's brilliant. They talk a bit too much about PC games for my liking at times, but it doesn't stop me from listening, so they must be doing something right. They work very well together and crack me up at times.

Games With Jobs is also a fantastic podcast, the latest show has an appearance by Shaun Elliot.

I cut my list of podcasts down, so the only regular ones I get now are the Giant Bombcast, Joypod, Rebel FM, Listen Up, Retronauts, What They Play....that's about it bar the odd appearance of stuff like Broken Pixels.

Anyone who is interested in checking out Joypod that hasn't done so, they've now been allowed to add the Play Radio UK shows to their normal feed, so go subscribe.

Last night's show is up here.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh cool, have they got an RSS feed or on iTunes? I've listened to them all so far I think but had to download them manually.

While I'm here, The Co-Op guys have announced that they're going to Revision3, which is exactly who I thought they'd go with. For those who don't know, it's an "internet TV" company, they make Diggnation and The Totally Rad Show, among many others.

http://revision3.com/

Their feed is going up on iTunes right now so should be available very soon.

Oh cool, have they got an RSS feed or on iTunes? I've listened to them all so far I think but had to download them manually.

They have a feed on iTunes, just search for joytunes. :)

Good news for the Co-Op team, too.

As well as the new at1UP & Good Grief podcasts, I've really started enjoying IGN's Nintendo Voice Chat podcast. However, I've begun to get tired of Garnett always interrupting people on ListenUP...

New podcast out now...

Out of the Game, Ep. 1: Born Before Digital

Cast:

Robert Ashley

N'Gai Croal

Shawn Elliott

Jeff Green

Luke Smith

At times the sound quality of this episode sucks. We're working on it. One week, we'll succeed in taping a separate track for each cast member, and then manage to mix them properly. This isn't that week. But don't blame ZootedGranny, who generously agreed to assist with difficult edits. You're listening now because of his effort.

http://media.libsyn.com/media/mexicutedbyh...-episode_01.mp3

I listened to Out of the Game today, and it was brilliant. They all work so well together, it'll be even better once they sort a couple sound glitches out. It's not games related at all, but the name tells you that anyway.

New DSR episode out now. Anyone remember them?

Yes, the Apocalypse is here! A new Dual Screen Radio show is available! In this episode: - GTA: Chinatown Wars Review - Retro Game Challenge Review - Big Bang Mini - My Fun Fact Coach - My Do It All - Travel Games for Dummies - Preview of the Nintendo DSi ... and more!

http://media.libsyn.com/media/dualscreenra...r2009-03-18.mp3

Yeah, but Shane and Chris only do a show every 6 months or so now, so they have to make up for it. :lol:

Longer the better in my view, I do enjoy the Dual Screen Radio shows (and Shane's Passenger Seat Radio). Looks like a packed episode.

Well, in the first 20 minutes they managed to piss me off by once again having a go at Sony/PS3/PSP even though Shane now owns a PS3, only for the BluRay & Chris has a PSP, only for emulation. I kept listening, but really felt like deleting the whole bloody show.

The rest of the show was decent, I really enjoyed their Chinatown Wars review, and good on Chris for reviewing the currently UK-only Bomberman 2. I'm definitely going to pick that one up, been after it for a while now.

I have to admit that once I got past the (needless) Sony bashing, I actually enjoyed the show & it even made me consider returning to their forums. I found the GTA review to be very good but a little bit too long & as ever, the audio was pretty awful, although I expect that's me being spoiled by all the other podcasts that I listen to. And I'm going to 'try out' My Fun Fact Coach after Shane's mini review. ;)

I haven't whored the lo-fi, stubbornly resistant and downright brilliant (ahem) Radio Ninty around these parts for a while.

So yeah, new episodes are up and kicking, this weeks is actually a good one (the Mario one might be a bit much for most people) with GTA review, DSi impressions (co-presenter Spike has one) and loads of other amazing DS games reviewed and pimped.

www.radio-ninty.co.uk

I enjoyed the latest show stu. Some good discussion and light-hearted banter, which is always good.

Out of the Game is now listed on iTunes: http://is.gd/oYvL

Also, Listen UP has the first of two episodes out this week, Length: 2:04:06.

The first of our GDC 09 Listen UP specials includes Pete Wanat and Mark MacDonald joining John, David, and Garnett. First impressions of Punch Out, John's on the road time with GTA Chinatown Wars, and what may or may not be our final discussion on Resident Evil 5 all make there way into Watcha' Been Playin'. And in the second half OnLive gets the GDC talk going before Pete adds a few thoughts about Wii development to wrap things up.