passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Books

pickled

Im reading John Hodgeman's Areas of my Expertise. It's basically a big book of lies, things like the Hobo's of america uniting to pull of a military coup.

I've also just got Meister Einharts book, it's a bit of religious philosophy, a little different to the usual stuff I read. Supposedly he wrote some interesting, almost Buddhist style stuff, so it should be a good read

don quioxé - Cervantés

conte de monté cristo - Dumas

how to have a beautiful mind -edward de bono

Learning Japanese - BBC

Number Crunching- Some maths dude

Thats about it atm :D

Oh and get-backers volume 1 (manga)

Currently reading:

Tim the Tiny Horse - By Harry Hill

Timewaster Letters (1&2) - By one of the guys from "Look Around You"

General Ignorance - The QI Book

Is it Just Me Or Is Everything Shit? Volume 2 - Some Dude who wrote the first one.

Yes, I am reading 4 books at once. I have ADD alright?

I don't really.

Or do I?

No, I don't.

• 2 years later...

Just to show how literary we all are, no ones posted in here in nearly 2½ years

Has anyone read The Book With No Name? I read it last year, got it for a quid off Amazon, and read the sequel a few months back. They are without doubt two of the best books I've ever read. They're ridiculous and over the top, maybe a little too 'gaggy' (particularly Eye of the Moon), but insanely enjoyable.

Essentially they're vampire books where the vampires are just background. It's really about the various criminals that exist in Santa Modega and their relationship with each other. That and the Bourbon Kid going on a killing spree.

Seriously, if you've not read them and want something entertaining get these two books

I've been reading I Am Legend since January :blush:

crikey! :blink:

i read bloody loads me just finished "the dice man" by Luke Rhinehart, awesome read

plus i cant even remember that book i posted in the initial post about hannibal, summat about elephants

Just to show how literary we all are, no ones posted in here in nearly 2½ years

Has anyone read The Book With No Name? I read it last year, got it for a quid off Amazon, and read the sequel a few months back. They are without doubt two of the best books I've ever read. They're ridiculous and over the top, maybe a little too 'gaggy' (particularly Eye of the Moon), but insanely enjoyable.

Essentially they're vampire books where the vampires are just background. It's really about the various criminals that exist in Santa Modega and their relationship with each other. That and the Bourbon Kid going on a killing spree.

Seriously, if you've not read them and want something entertaining get these two books

I read Book With No Name a couple of months ago, I thought it was brilliantly trashy fun. I haven't tried the sequel yet.

I've just started Bad Science by Ben Goldacre, so far it's very funny and thought provoking stuff.

Previously to that I read Revelation by C.J. Sansom which is the latest of his Shardlake crime thrillers, set in London under the reign of Henry VIII. They're clever and compelling stories. Before that was Company of Liars by Karen Maitland, which is a dark supernatural tale of a bunch of travellers trying to outrun the outbreak of plague in 14 century England. I found it quite an entertaining read, with an unexpected twist, and an ending that made me wish for more.

You see I'm a stupid and don't read but the Bad Science book has me interested, I'm always having to tell friends/family how much bull shit there is when it comes to scare mongering with shite science and it would nice to have more reference material.

I saw that thing that Armano whats-his-face did on Paradise Lost on the telly a while ago and then decided to buy it. I read the first section and was ironically lost on the most part. Maybe I should start my reading with something easier like The Hungry Caterpillar or a Dan Brown noval.

I've just started Bad Science by Ben Goldacre, so far it's very funny and thought provoking stuff.

i practically never read anything but i bought that a few weeks ago, along with "the physics of the impossible" which i bought because i heard the guy on the radio and it was so interesting :blink: he has some other books that sound good too like one about parallel universes. not started either of them though as i'm reading the watchmen, and despite it being really short it's taking me ages :unsure:

i like the science type stuff and have read "the code book" in the past - it's about cryptography (sp?!) and it's really good, the same guy wrote fermats last theorem, which i've got half way through twice but failed to read it all :( (not because it's bad but because of my rubbishness) if anyone has any recommendations for stuff like that i'd be interested in adding them to a pile of never to be read stuff :):unsure:

I still haven't read much in a while. I keep meaning to finish No Logo but it bored the crap out of me.

I want to find a good Tom Waits biography as those are generally my favourite kind of read - the more off-the-wall, the better. I can definitely recommend Hammer of the Gods, the Led Zep bio. I must get round to reading The Dirt at some point too.

Just slowly working my way back through the Akira graphic novels so that I can read book 6, it's a helluva story, so much more complex than the anime movie, would make a great 1 season anime series, especially if Otomo was as involved as he was with the film.

Went on a bit of a manga fest and bought a few Berserk books and Akira book 6. I only noticed when Akira arrived that I dont actually own book 5, so I'm going to have to pick that up at some point.

Image042.jpg

If you're wondering why I got Berserk book 17, 19, and 20, it's because instead of book 18 arriving this turned up instead

Image043.jpg

I'm not sure if the book sellers were trying to tell me something, but it's a self help book by a man named Tad Waddington. I dont know much about Tad Waddington but with a name like that I can only assume he's american, and that the only job he could ever really have with a name like that is writing a self help book. He looks exactly as you'd expect too, but i cant find a picture on google

Tad_Waddington.jpg

:)

i'm reading "Azincourt" by Bernard Cornwell (he of the Sharpe series), and it's blody ace, all about an English archers (fictional) experience before and during the Battle of Agincourt. His historical fiction is top quality for anyone who's interested in that

• 2 weeks later...