passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Post your Manga

Centy

Like it says Manga, comics any kind of books

main body of my manga is this all my big collections like GTO and SDK

mangacol.jpg

Now my Japanese stuff and DragonBall's also my Trigun and Ghost in the Shell. Note the MINT condition Doraemon Vol1 in japanese

mangacol2.jpg

The rest is in a big ebay pile which if anyone wants me to list i will and would let go for next to nothing.

Now that is impressive :cheer:

We haven’t got so complete manga collections in our house, we tend to get first issues/volumes to see if we like the concept or not and if it seems interesting enough will get the rest of the series over time, alas we’ve got billions of first volumes but just three have perked us enough to collect the rest, GTO, Dragonball and Peach Girl. Plus the common £4.99 + per book price tag is a huge turn off, especially when we can import the entire series for something like £15. That’s what we did with Ranma, Pokemon, Ai Yori Aoshi and Love Hina and it saved us a bloody fortune!

Any artists on here? The wife draws her own manga, has a few published too, but the manga/anime scene here in the UK seems to be run by arrogant teenagers who’ll never deviate from what Neo tells them. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, you could swear that most of them watch one episode of Bleech (nothing against Bleech fans, just an example) and walk away claiming to be the all knowing wisdom of Japanese pop culture.

James wrote:

Now that is impressive :cheer:

Thanks taken me a while to get together though anyone who accuses me of being gay for loving Gravitation can go to hell :P

We haven’t got so complete manga collections in our house, we tend to get first issues/volumes to see if we like the concept or not and if it seems interesting enough will get the rest of the series over time, alas we’ve got billions of first volumes

Same here i buy just about everything on eBay so makes it cheap enough i have hundreads of Volume 1s aswell and most end up back on ebay but yeah the price etc is pish.

Any artists on here? The wife draws her own manga, has a few published too, but the manga/anime scene here in the UK seems to be run by arrogant teenagers who’ll never deviate from what Neo tells them. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, you could swear that most of them watch one episode of Bleech (nothing against Bleech fans, just an example) and walk away claiming to be the all knowing wisdom of Japanese pop culture.

Know the feeling try finding a decent forum for manga... impossible its all just 10 year olds that as you say have seen some anime and think they know it all, just because you've got wikipedia doesnt make you fucking Yoda i've been into j-culture for a few years and still am baffled by most things.

el Centy wrote:

James wrote:

Know the feeling try finding a decent forum for manga... impossible its all just 10 year olds that as you say have seen some anime and think they know it all, just because you've got wikipedia doesnt make you fucking Yoda i've been into j-culture for a few years and still am baffled by most things.

Couldn't agree more, if it wasn't for the fansub scene I think my interest would have died out long ago. Naruto started off, and has since returned to, arse and I'm still waiting for Bleach to really grab me. I'd much rather be reading Blame! or Berserk.

Nice collection btw Centy, I think I say it to you everytime but it's good to see someone else reading Berserk

I used to visit Neo before I got banned after calling them all a bunch of clueless zealots but there was no loss since it was just like all the other anime forums run by snot nosed kids all over the net. Some of the topics on there would drive me insane, especially as the posters would write with such conviction on bullshit topics like everyone in Japan are paedophiles, how Japanese are really honour bound, how stupid fact #232 is true because some kid once saw it on some obscure anime late one night. Not to mention how irritating it is to hear people throw in words like “kawaii” and mention how much they love Pocky snacks every few lines, fer fuck sake. Almost as bad as the pricks who wear a “I want a Japanese girlfriend” t-shirts.

Japan is a place that no amount of books, movies and especially anime can teach you about. You really have to go there to know what its all about, I was there four years and barely scratched the surface and it’s no paradise either, it’s one of the most polluted, arrogant, racist, materialistic and not to mention backwards places on the planet.

Or in other words, apart from a few little differences, Japan is just like any other country. Now go book those flight tickets, you’ll be thanking me for it

:laugh:

James wrote:

Japan is a place that no amount of books, movies and especially anime can teach you about. You really have to go there to know what its all about, I was there four years and barely scratched the surface and it’s no paradise either, it’s one of the most polluted, arrogant, racist, materialistic and not to mention backwards places on the planet.

Or in other words, apart from a few little differences, Japan is just like any other country. Now go book those flight tickets, you’ll be thanking me for it

:laugh:

Shhhhh dont say that out loud I have a Centy who would sell me and the baby to get to Japan. Truthfully i would love to go too. Ahhh you never know maybe sometime in the future.

• 7 years later...

Thread necro. I guess Centy is gone but that is a nice collection, I'll definitely be collecting GTO sometime!

Can't remember if I mentioned it but I've been learning Japanese since September and it's pretty much the best thing I've ever done. Outside of the classes I have been working my way through Heisig's Remembering the Kanji, doing a lesson a day for the last three weeks, and am currently at 576/2200. So anyway I went on ebay and bought volume one of Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind in Japanese, as something to have a bit of fun with translating:

DSC01573_zps75d9b28a.jpg

It's actually close to A4 size, it's much taller and wider than a copy book as you can see here (maths copies are what I have been using to practise kanji):

DSC01574_zps7d6a3620.jpg

I only paid a tenner for it and I wasn't expecting something so beautiful. And it came with a stunning poster too. Best tenner I ever spent. Anyway that is the first manga I've bought in around 8 years.