passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Filip Miucin and other tales of plagiarism

DisturbedSwan

• 2 weeks later...

That guy riles me in a few ways.

To begin with that job he held is one of the most coveted thing for a lot of people. A place to stand and shout from the rooftops that the games you're reviewing are worth it or not, and to build a trusted following that not only allows you to project your critical views but also be paid for it and have clicks directed at it by being on a platform that's very visible. I've know a lot of people that have set their own little sites up or produced for YouTube and have done for years. Sites and channels have come and gone and people have come and gone with them, realising that no matter how much they review or how hard they push their chosen platform they're never going to get more than passing traffic because the big lads have everything locked down. It stymies the writing quality since the undiscovered men and women that chose to throw themselves into critiquing games and are really good at doing that never have a chance of ricing to the top.

Another thing is that this guy has clearly just coasted for his whole journalist life, the amount of stuff he's being caught for suggests that not one bit of his expertise counts for nothing, it's carried on the backs of the poor cunts that I mentioned above, grinding threw the downright god awful to the exemplary so this shitstain of a fuck can catch an easy ride, put other peoples work on his out tray and clock out for the day.

When I learned that Miucin had had all of "his" reviews taken down from IGN I was elated. On reflection I think this was wrong. Miucins name is dirt. He should never work in journalism ever again. But what about his "works", why would you want them to remain up on IGN? Well it's like this. This little piss goblet has ripped off countless peoples work. Now it's time to pay back. If anyone can identify the original writers of the ripped off works, then the plagiarised writer should have his site or YouTube channel front and centre for this article. If any good can come out of this whole fiasco, let the people stole from fires be stoked by the failing embers of Miucins career. IGN and Miucin have had their long dicks and benefited off of minnows work, but to put things right and reclaim any shred of credibility they should focus the spotlight on those that have suffered from this fraudulent little diddlers unwillingness to do his job properly.

This cunt makes me sick to my stomach. 

I've been reviewing games as an amateur for 6 years now, and running my own YouTube channel for almost 2. Never once have I looked at other peoples work when writing a review to help me form an idea, it's fucking stupid. The whole point of a review is to give your opinion on something, whether it be good or bad, as long as you can be constructive with it. I'd never dream of watching someone else or reading someone else before I wrote my own review because I wouldn't want my opinion to be tainted by someone else (as daft as it sounds, it happens), so the fact that this piss flap has come out and said words to the effect of "It's ok guys, we all do it!" is insulting. No Filip, we don't all do it, just untalented fuck boys like you.

He must be borderline lobotomised if he has to look at other peoples opinions before he can form his own.

I will openly admit that the news stories Sly and I cover on our news show are taken from other websites. We've always rewritten them to try and sound more natural to us, but with this shit storm even I've taken a look at how we do things and made changes. This is not ok and I'm glad his career is over. He's a fucking embarrassment. 

And on a less constructive note, just looking at his massive foot looking face and hearing his faux surfer cool bro way of talking make me want to slap the cunt. With a steel pole. In the mouth. 

Haha, to be honest I’ve had to keep my mouth shut and my opinions to myself about a lot of people because I worked in the industry and had my job/future employment to worry about.

Now I’m out of the industry (officially, I’m still a hobbiest) and not looking to move back I don’t have to worry about that anymore so gloved are off now.

I’m just waiting for Randy Pitchford to make a wrong move again, I have a lot to say about that dick head.

I did chuckle every time the dude in the video called him by his full name "Confirmed Plagiarist, Filip Miucin".

I don't understand someone like him.  People are even willing to do this shit for free in their spare time so to be lucky enough to make a living off it surely means you could at least make some original content.  I'm not even sure it's laziness as I'm sure it's some work sourcing and finding stuff you can get away with plagiarising... maybe even more than just composing your own thoughts into a script.

I don't get it.

I... I kinda suspect I may have been plagiarised a little once.  I followed a channel from really early on so they were eager to conjure up followers on social media and I chatted with these lads over Twitter on a few occasions.  This was at a time I was posting semi-regularly on my Destructoid Community Blog and one of my posts was about DmC.  It was just some impressions of the demo which came out a few months before the game itself.  I used a specific analogy to sum up my conclusion of the game, and when DmC was actually released they reviewed it on their channel which used the same analogy.  And it wasn't a common one... no other review or impression I came across used it.  And I did tend to share links to my stuff on Twitter so a bit of me thinks they saw it.  I sort of confronted them about it but they ignored me when usually they were good with replies.

I guess I'm not too bothered really, but if I was a real inspiring critic I would have been quite livid.