passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

The Vagrant

DANGERMAN

This could go in the PC Bucket thread as it's bumped, but I wouldn't be surprised if this makes the jump to consoles.

It looks a lot like a Vanillaware game, both the busty hand-drawn art and characters, but also the way it's structured (think Dragon's Crown). The box style map shows the areas as rooms essentially, not unlike Odin Sphere, and the combat is brawler based with rpg mechanics. You level up, find new gear, which you can enchant, and increase your stats and moveset by spending mana on a skill tree

It looks pretty good, not quite up there with Vanillaware's stuff, but not a bad homage to it. It runs well, but I've found it's not quite as responsive as I'd like it to be. It's not framey or anything, but it's as though the input frames are either locked in, or they don't register as often as the graphics update, so you can get yourself locked in to combos and it can feel a bit mushy when you're attacking. I think I'd like to cancel out of chains more easily, turn a bit quicker, and dodge on demand, there's just a slight delay there. Which might be deliberate tbf, it does mean that if you're after a particular move you have to be deliberate, but then the flip side to that is I've just let it throw out a longer combo that it seems to favour rather than go for the one I'd prefer, simply because it doesn't really matter all that much

It's really cheap on Steam, less than a fiver at full price, and half that at the minute. It's pretty good all things considered. I took some gameplay footage and posted that below