passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Fallout 76

Sly Reflex

2 hours ago, DifferentClass said:

It's not that.  We have absolutley no reason to believe it will be a Vegas 2.  Nothing has been hinted or leaked, like New Vegas was.

So I just think the idea that anyone would be pissed if it's anything but is off the charts stupid.

I said folks would be pissed if all this teasing amounts to a phone game, I didn’t say that folks would be pissed if it wasn’t NV2 ?

I get where you were coming from @DifferentClass, but when you stream a tease for 12 hours or so that is watched by 150k folks on Twitch it sets certain expectations for people that this is going to be a big meaty console/PC game announcement, not a mobile/card game etc. Which is why I think folks would’ve been pissed (rightly or wrongly) if it turned out that way, but it hasn’t seemed to.

It it appears to be a Survival RPG similar to Rust/Day Z/State of Decay/MGSU anyway from what Schreier is saying

When Bethesda announced Fallout: 76 with a teaser trailer this morning, promising more information at E3, it was easy to assume that the new game would be a traditional single-player role-playing game. But Fallout: 76 is in fact an online survival RPG that’s heavily inspired by games like DayZ and Rust, according to three people familiar with the project.

Originally prototyped as a multiplayer version of Fallout 4 with the goal of envisioning what an online Fallout game might look like, Fallout: 76 has evolved quite a bit over the past few years, those sources said. It will have quests and a story, like any other game from Bethesda Game Studios, a developer known for meaty RPGs like Skyrim. It will also feature base-building—just like 2015's Fallout 4—and other survival-based and multiplayer mechanics, according to those sources. One source cautioned that the gameplay is rapidly changing, like it does in many online “service” games, but that’s the core outline.

All I did was float the possibility of it being a Shelter game.  Nothing about it being a small mobile game.

And to be honest, I'd be more interested in a fleshed out Shelter game on consoles (especially Switch) than what has been announced.  And I've seen people pissed at this announcement, the types that go running scared from any multiplayer game, so it is what it is still.

• 2 weeks later...