passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

RAGE 2

DisturbedSwan

Ha, guess Walmart were right

I really liked Rage, the gunplay is as good as anything else around, including Doom. The structure of it wasn't great, like it really wanted to be Fallout but didn't want to commit to any rpg or adventure elements

Sort of makes sense, they did Mad Max. Wouldn't surprise me if they wanted to make a Mad Max 2 but decided to slap the RAGE moniker on there since it is a thing already that won't require as much licensing as Mad Max would. Also if the leak was true they're going to be working on Just Cause 4 too, which is what I think happened when they did Mad Max and Just Cause 3.

I'm less so. I didn't like Avalanche's Mad Max game, so something more like that puts me off a bit. I do think half of Rage's problem was that it didn't fully follow through with the rpg and adventure stuff. A Fallout will Rage's gunplay would be something else, and that this might be something like that is keeping some interest for me 

The driving models in Mad Max didn't feel any better, but they did suit the game better than Just Cause.

Big, bouncy suspension, big slidy turns, just over the top etc.

Fingers crossed that carries over to this. Could definitely do with refining though.

• 4 weeks later...

It's not really about the game per se, but I've got a lot of respect for this. One of the game's creators have apologised for a potential misstep in the direction of certain aspects, rather than using the typical approach of dodging and deflecting.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.polygon.com/platform/amp/e3/2018/6/14/17462430/rage-2-interview-e3-2018-id-avalanche

Basically the writer is someone who was born with a cleft lip and palate, they had a little bit of time after an interview so he asked why so many of the bad guys had this issue but all the good guys in the original were pretty and preened. How it seemed to demonise a physical issue. Not all bad guys have cleft lip but all cleft lips belong to bad guys kind of thing.