passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

God of War

DisturbedSwan

4 minutes ago, Hendo said:

What’s everyone’s favoured special attack for Boy? I’ve stuck with the wolves so far.

I’ve also maxed out his skill tree and he’s a beast.

I often forgot I had a special attack for Boi but when I remembered I had it in troublesome fights I liked the Crows.  They get the way of the baddies more I found.

I've done pretty much everything on my normal run and I think I might try it on hard as I still kinda want to play it.

Here's me doing some end-game content for those that get here:

Spoiler

This is a fight with the Valkyrie Queen after you defeat the other 8 hidden around the land.

I enjoyed this fight quite a bit and it took me ages.  I was so pleased at the end I had to save it.

I forget about the other moves but I use Boy’s special all the time. Might check out the crow one.

Playing this it actually gives me faith (and I say this as someone who has never cared about the character) that it is possible to do something more intelligently and interesting with Duke Nukem.

it's a bit weird, given what God of War is known for, that it sort of ends with a bit of a shrug. Kind of nice I suppose, not everything have to be turned to 11

Enjoyed this a lot, not sure I enjoyed it as much as the critics but I certainly can't think of too many games I've played this year that are better. That being said, in terms of the main game, I think I'm done. Can't be arsed with the more difficult fights and altering my loadout to get through them (that's not a complaint, I'm just not in the mood for it)

When it comes to the game's critical reception it is just the sort of game that will always do well.  But I do think it's better than other games that get a similar acclaim but then it falls in genre I personally like so I find it hard to disagree with it's acclaim.

Been to two (only two? Maybe more to come) of the post-game locations, and I can see this being extra tricky.

I can see why one common complaint/request is to have different load-outs of gear.

Not sure how far into the post-game stuff I’ll go but it’s holding my interest for now.

I think so? I had credits and everything but I was listening to a spoiler podcast and they mentioned something about a tease for the next game which I don’t remember seeing.

But yeah, I did the main goal.