passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Nintendo Switch

HandsomeDead

I wonder what's stopping EA from wielding its power and just going "Oh yeah, EA's games from now on will be cross console from now on". Sony aren't suddenly going to start turning FIFA et all away because of that. There's no Sony servers involved in playing EA games, in fact MS had to bend over backwards to get EA to make their games online because they wanted full control over the servers.

They need to stop fucking about with this cross play stuff for consoles and just let it happen. It'd be a boon for competitive games and games that have low populations.

I genuinely love the fact that I've just seen an Xbox controller in a Nintendo advert. Besides the old Sega does what Nintendon't, when would we ever have seen another console even referenced in the past?

And side note, if Microsoft and Nintendo teamed up to take on Sony while still keeping their consoles separate I reckon it could spell trouble for PlayStation. Not a clue how that'd work, obviously, but it does make the mind wander.

Sony won’t get left behind unless Europe suddenly decides to start buying Xboxes after 20+ years.

Even Sony’s worst most overpriced console still managed to claw back the 360 and end up on terms with it in the end, you can never write them off, it’s merely a foible and I still think a lot of folks just don’t care enough as long as the exclusives are still coming thick and fast.

Xbox isn't as successful in mainland Europe like it is in the UK and US but its hardly a failure like it is in Japan. 

Sony's first party titles are a draw but they're no Fortnite or GTAV.  Games like that bring in a crazy amount of players a potentially walling them off for little reason isn't something to brush off. 

7 hours ago, Nag said:

?!?... That doesn't even make sense...

Microsoft have only ever cared about the US and UK markets. Yes Xboxes sell reasonably in continental Europe but pretty badly compared to the PS4 and Switch (although nowhere near as bad as Japan). If Microsoft wants to go for the jugular next gen it needs the biggest marketing campaign Europe has ever seen at launch alongside tons of must-have exclusives and I just can’t see that happening personally.

That’s how Sony eventually overturned the deficit last gen because although 360s were outselling PS3s here and the US in the rest of Europe they still weren’t that popular and of course they barely made a dent in Japan.

I really don’t think the Fortnite/GTAV crowd know enough about cross play to really care either in all honesty. 

3 hours ago, Blakey said:

I really don’t think the Fortnite/GTAV crowd know enough about cross play to really care either in all honesty. 

So you're basically disregarding more than 20 million people who bought Fortnite? AND the 85 million who bought GTA V?

They don't know or care about cross play? Come on. That's a ridiculous statement. The fact that this is opening up a whole new way to play is something to take notice of. The fact is, some people are already going to own a Switch, some people will own an Xbox, and some will own neither. If one of my friends was suddenly interested in picking up a console, the argument wouldn't be 'Sony has all the exclusives, but honestly, go where your friends are'. The argument now is gonna be 'there are a ton of multi-platform games on Xbox, and they have backwards compatibility. You can also play certain games against friends who have a Switch on the Xbox. But Sony has all the exclusives, so it depends what you're looking for'.

Microsoft are building a more rounded experience (than they had at the start of this gen). Sony are getting complacent and hoping everyone likes their exclusives enough that they can ignore better ways to play.

22 minutes ago, Nag said:

your usual anti Xbox rhetoric

Makes a change from your anti-Nintendo rhetoric at least. ;)