passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Burnout Paradise Remastered

Sly Reflex

Either you never played the twitchy, 'if another car even breathes on you you're fucked' bullshit of the first game or you're just a damn dirty liar when you say Paradise is the worst @Blakey.

The third one was incredible, I can't argue there, but Paradise refined everything. Want to do a Crash Target? Just hammer L1/R1 (LB/RB on Xbox) - every god damn road has a Crash Target. Want a race, cool, put the pedal to the metal and get to your next race in the time it'd take B3 to load one up. The graphics were gorgeous, the world was great fun to fuck about it, and the soundtrack was fantastic.

Speaking of, if the soundtrack is brought back I'll be all over this day one!

But even if you do prefer B3 (which I won't argue too much with, 3 was still absolute class), at the very least Paradise was better than the overly aggressive gameplay of Revenge, and Legends (the PSP instalment). I honestly don't remember playing Dominator though, so can't comment on that one...

Played them all @regemond

The open world and bland track/city layouts killed Paradise for me.

Burnout 3 is the best arcade racer of all time. Custom built tracks, peerless speed, an incredible soundtrack and that visceral slam of taking a car down just cannot be matched. The risk/reward of using your burnout gauge too and the meaty crash mode.

It is pure magic.

6 minutes ago, Blakey said:

The open world and bland track/city layouts killed Paradise for me.

This is nonsense and I'd actually neg you for coming out with such tripe. But because I can't I'm going to post your favourite person to show how much disdain I have for that particular comment.

Katie-Hopkins-Mail-Online-A.jpg

Paradise was fucking amazing. 

The demo was terrible but the finished product was just the best fun to play and then they added a load of DLC to make it even better. The bikes were superb fun. And the island.

The only sour moment was the cops and robbers mode which was a boring waste of a good idea.

Not sure I played 3 (was that on the 360/PS3? Or am I thinking of revenge?) I played a lot of 2 and Paradise though. Paradise was properly ground breaking at the time I thought. 

I’m tempted to day one this, knowing full well I won’t get around to playing it until everyone else has had their fuss out of it.