passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Burnout Paradise Remastered

Sly Reflex

Some Brazilian website is suggesting Burnout Paradise is getting a remaster next year. Looks a bit suspect to me, interesting if it turns out to be true though. I wonder if they're going to use that to gauge interest in Burnout overall if it does well? Maybe even reignite the series to contend with Forza Horizons daftness.

• 3 weeks later...

Seems the Burnout rumours are gaining some traction....

http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2018/01/05/burnout-paradise-hd-remaster-coming-to-ps4-in-japan

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-01-05-burnout-paradise-hd-reports-gather-pace

Wonder if they'll update the soundtrack, or will I have that godawful yet catchy 'Girlfriend' track in my head for months on end.

30 minutes ago, Chimay said:

Yup - It's now currently on full repeat somewhere in the back of my head. Damned song. 

I have no memory of that being in Paradise. Are you sure you just weren’t playing it on your CD player? Do all your games have it as the soundtrack?

10 minutes ago, Jimbo Xiii said:

I have no memory of that being in Paradise. Are you sure you just weren’t playing it on your CD player? Do all your games have it as the soundtrack?

Don't pretend
I think you know
I'm damn precious
And, hell yeah
I'm the motherfuckin' princess

You're all reminiscing about what the soundtrack is going to be and I'm over here thinking I hope there's not MTX in it for no inexplicable reason.

Having a think over Paradise though, damn that game is close to being impeccable. People will always Say 2 was the best or 3 was the best. It's like, the cars and ways of playing are there for you to recreate those moments, go to it. So the map is open? You'd prefer to wallride around over skillfully picking your way to a point? Arguable the city in this is one of the funnest playgrounds to play with too, there's so many games that have these massive open worlds, but a lot of the time they have bugger all populating them. Paradise was absolutely laden with secrets, shortcuts and rat runs that could see seconds shaved from races.

It's a damn shame Burnout never got a sequel after Paradise, but then again improving on near perfection is a hard act to follow.

• 1 month later...

March 16th burnout paradise PS4, I haven’t seen any Xbox info as yet, would love this on the switch...

In the box/download:

• Burnout Paradise Base Game
  • Big Surf Island
  • Party Pack
  • Burnout Bikes
  • Boost Special
  • Legendary Cars
  • Cagney Update
  • Toys
  • Cops & Robbers Pack