passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Secret of Mana

illdog

Cleared some space on my Wii for this most precious of gems.

Looks awfull on the 42" but fuck it, i love this game from the bottom of my asshole. Im really interested to hear from someone who has never played it becaue my rosetints ae welded to my face. I love the soundtrack so much, honestly, i ony got to my first oppertunity to save and i had a massive boner. Even when you save it the music is awesome...

Im gonna bum this hard like i do my girlfriend when she's asleep.

Im really interested to hear from someone who has never played it becaue my rosetints ae welded to my face.

I've never played it but it's one of those games I want to play. Allthough I did buy that Mario RPG but I didn't end up playing it that much because it's pretty crap compared to the Paper Mario and Mario & Luigi games. I am snowed under games wise so I'll pick it up but actually playing it will have to wait.

i can remember wanting this game back in the day but never being able to get it, due to not having a job, or money, due to young age.

. so downloaded it as soon as i saw it on there and christy this game is nails. really enjoying it though.

levelling up the weapons ain't so bad, it's the magic thats an almighty chore, seeing as how recharging your magic either requires a good trek to find an inn or spending shedloads of cash to buy a magic walnut, which is a quite frankly brilliant concept. only just got to the upperlands and the difficulty of your average enemy has just jumped immensely.

levelling up the weapons ain't so bad, it's the magic thats an almighty chore, seeing as how recharging your magic either requires a good trek to find an inn or spending shedloads of cash to buy a magic walnut, which is a quite frankly brilliant concept. only just got to the upperlands and the difficulty of your average enemy has just jumped immensely.

Yea, is that pink rabbites and wolves with boomerangs?

Agreed, magic walnuts FTW! I also wish real life candy gave you health.

Wolves with boomerangs? not seen any of those. quite a few scaly fish men who throw table forks at you, some spell casting owls and some familiar looking blue hedgehogs. oh and a city full of talking mushrooms. just to crank it up another notch.

this game is mental.

brilliant but mental.

this talk of leveling up has sort of put me off this. best finding out now rather than buying it and getting annoyed though, so thanks for the impressions guys :)

Boo! Thats crazy talk spatular. The levelings not that bad, i think its fun.

you would be hard pushed to find any snes jrpg that didn't feature the grind. TBH i like the grind, never had a problem with it, i think i spent over 100 hours grinding on FFVII, ahhh that one perfect summer...

are we talking about the grind in the same context as one would talk about the crunch?

"i've been to the crunch"

"ooh a nice day trip to the crunch"

...hmm thats made me want to dig out my boosh dvd's.

i was refering to grind as in having to go round fighting loads of baddies to level up so you can beat the next boss and whatnot. something which i hate so surprisingly i'm not a fan of jrpg's, and i struggle with turn based combat too (couldn't do the first big fight in skies of arcadia), thought this would be different (more like zelda) because of the real time combat but it sounds more jrpg like so probably not for me :unsure:

With Dead Space done, I'm joining the Mana club.

My first time at this or any Mana game, what do I need to know, other than "grind a lot"?

I think maybe a big deals been made out of the grinding. The problem with Mana is that not only can you level up all of the nine (?) different magics with the htree different characters, they also level up on individual wapons individually aswell! As a boy i level up everything meticulously, but the best thing to do is find a favorite magic and weapon with a character and stick with that.

I bloody love this. It does look dodgy on a LCD TV, but it doesn't look bad, and the art direction makes up for it. The game play is so solid at what it does and the music is just awesome. I'm actually itching to play more of it, I've only just got to the first main town. This has made me even more excited for Chrono Trigger DS, another Square classic I've never played.

i may have taken on more mana than i can handle. currently playing secret of mana on v.c. AND sword of mana (GBA) on my ds. struggling to keep track of where i am on which game.

oh and packing up everything in my flat to move.

oh and packing up everything in my flat to move.

Just get Emma to do all that, she won't mind, tell her i said its ok.

yeah, but you might wanna consider leaving the country for a few days if i tell her that.