passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Onechanbara Z2: Chaos

regemond

Onechanbara-Z2-ChaosDLC-1.jpg

I've played through start to finish today (being in hospital might help me get through a few games...) and I'm completely mixed on it.

The image above isn't even close to being the worst of the outfits. This game is weird. In one respect it wants you to perv at things like this...

hqdefault.jpg

...but on the other hand the Chaos of the subtitle isn't just for show, it gets fucking crazy. The screen fills with bad guys pretty much every 17 steps and some of the attacks are just ridiculous.

I like the fact that you have 4 characters to switch between at any time during combat, I like the fact that you can bring the other 3 characters in to fight alongside you at any point (with cooldowns between each activation), and I like the fact that it has plenty of variation in the special moves.

I also like the Dare Drive mechanic. Even if the acronym is DD. FULL of subtlety this game is... It's basically super saiyan mode with added perviness. Activate it and your hair and outfit both change to accentuate your character's, ahem, assets, and your strength and speed both go through the roof.

Here's one such example of these questionable attires.

1411719390-saki.jpg

Can't imagine that does much for her defensive capabilities though.

I don't like the actual feel of the combat - think a poor man's Devil May Cry 1. And it's incredibly cheap too. Across 16 chapters there's a fair few boss rushes, with an extra long one that leads into the final level. The final level that's just the last boss, then a souped up version of the last boss.

The writing is relatively funny though, if entirely inappropriate. One character - Kagura - is wonderfully foul-mouthed. She told one character to stop dragging her tits and get a move on. She called another character Tits McGee (that one especially made me laugh because I'm always calling the wife that to wind her up), and near the end she told the other three girls to stop twisting their tits and get on with things. She was very boob oriented.

Anyway, on the whole it's just a little bit shit, but if you have a couple of beers and you want something brainless to play then this will probably do the trick.

Nurses did come in, I just switched to the most acceptable character and paused it!

The only thing I've ever felt wary abbot having on the tv was when I met the mistake of watching the I Spit On Your Grave remake. I honestly didn't know how bad it was before I watched it and just had to hope none of them came in during the worst scenes!