passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Doki Doki Literature Club

DANGERMAN

I don't think anyone has started a thread about Doki Doki Literature Club, but I've a feeling that's not quite how it's spelt and the search can be a bit shit 

@spatular put me on to this but apparently its doing the rounds on some of the bigger forums. It's a visual novel with a slight dating element to it. Basically once you join the club you all start sharing your poems with each other, you get to pick 20 words the night before to impress whichever of the girls you like (there's 3 very distinct girls you can impress)

So far that's probably enough for you to judge the people playing this, especially Spatular, but without going in to things and spoiling what the game is, it's very much not that 

It's free on Steam, seems to have taken everyone else on my friends list 4 hours, I went out and left it running so it's going to take me about 10. Its an interesting thing so far though 

I have an idea what the game is about because I've seen some of the memes it spawned... But yeah it seems to be a massive hit, I'll have to play it sometime.

By the way, doki doki is one of the ways of expressing excitement in Japanese (waku waku and uki uki have similar meanings).

• 3 years later...

yeah, it's cool it's getting a physical release, and I'm kind of interested how they handle some of the PC aspects of the original, but at the same time, I'm not sure I'll be playing through it again

I wholeheartedly recommend it, even if it's just playing through the free Steam version